• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd like to know the model. What modern gun discharges from being dropped? I know there are still a few.

I am thinking a raven, sterling, bryco, etc....The manual on those "weapons" states they are not to be carried with one in the chamber yet folks still do. Some people actually use these guns for daily carry and the fact that the "boom" was not too loud.

I guess the silence of the weapon gives new meaning to the word "can":laugh::laugh::laugh:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This requires further explanation. How do you shoot yourself in the arse when a gun hits the floor? Seems it would have had to land hammer-first and pointing upwards or something. It just doesn't make logical sense.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This requires further explanation. How do you shoot yourself in the arse when a gun hits the floor? Seems it would have had to land hammer-first and pointing upwards or something. It just doesn't make logical sense.

And toast always lands buttered side down, what doesn't make sense?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Um. . . .if he is sitting on the seat, presumptively about 18 inches above the floor and the weapon hit hammer first, wouldn't that tend to lead to the assumption that the end opposite the hammer could have quite easily been pointing up at said tush?:dunno:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The only thing I can think of that would go hammer first is a safety-less revolver. Hit the hammer and nail the primer?

I have my Kel-Tec P11 inertial fire a round from waistband height drop, when it squirted out of a crappy holster. But it was a direct muzzle down strike.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket Tuesday night as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor.

Unpossible!

I've read on this gun expurt forum Indiana Gun Owners that firearms only discharge when fingers on on triggers. Is the paper going to disagree with all those expurts on INGO.:rolleyes:

1. Eez gon, eez not safe.

2. It's a snake, not a &^%$#* toy, stop treating it as a toy and "jist poot eet in meye pocket."

3. Use a holster. No, not that, a real holster with a real gun belt.

4. Eez gon, eez not safe.

INGO Safety Nanny out.

Top Bottom