• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Dry firing helps trigger control and prevents low-left or low-right shot placement.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm glad he was able to protect his family and that only the perp was injured. But of all the people that have guns in the house, I'd bet that less than 10% shoot thier gun more than once a year.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Also helps prevent filing of any future lawsuits by the bad guy who got shot in the leg. :laugh:
    Unfortunately, now its the bad guys family that will file suit against the homeowner for defending himself, family or property if the bad guy is killed.
    And the bad guy's family will always tell the story of how the suspect had life so difficult, never got a break, was just turning his life around, getting ready to pay his child support, was thinking of getting his driver's license back, looked into AA classes, found God last time he was in prison, and was a future pillar of the community by considering volunteering at his local chapter of Future Thugs of America.
    In other words if you use deadly force to defend yourself, you will likely end up in civil litigation even if there are no criminal charges filed against you.
    That scares me more than being involved in an incident it self. Especially with how the media will convict you before day one of any hearings/trial.

Stay safe

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    "The couple's daughter believes the intruder was shot in the leg. His identity and condition are not available."

Ok so dad sucks at his aim and the intruder's conditions are that his leg hurts like hell!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Reporter says: "...police are trying to determine if it's a case of self defense..." WTF? A man breaks into their house wielding a crowbar and then attacks the man?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree it's always better when the only story being told is mine.

40 mins? That's not fair I just got on. I know b surfers lyrics when I read them my dear PEPPER...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    South side resident shoots intruder

Jewel said Jerry told the man he was lying and ordered him to sit at the kitchen table until the police came.

"I guess the man had a chance to swing the crowbar because my husband shot him," Jewel said.
    The intruder was not immediately identified. He was taken to IU Health Methodist Hospital in critical condition for a gunshot wound in the abdomen.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My comment on the WTHR report:

Let's see... The perp alledgedly broke into the house brandishing a crowbar and the police are questioning the shooter? We know the block where the break-in occurred and we have an image of the front of the house so anyone who cares to can identify the family involved. At the same time we don't get to know anything about the intruder other than gender. Way to go, WTHR. My faith in the local media is maintained.

Top Bottom