Man Shoots Neighbor Over Leaves in Randolph (MA)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    This just popped up on Drudgereport today:

Man shoots neighbor over leaves in Randolph

Some idiot shot his neighbor in the stomach over an argument about where they should dispose of dead leaves.
    Glad to see the victim wasn't seriously harmed.
    Two sides to every story and all, but seriously, how could he defend this choice? Maybe the other guy came at him with a knife or something...

It's things like this that make all of us look like freaks.
    I wish the media would cover more realistic stories about gun owners protecting their families or preventing serious crimes.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    How can you get from where the leaves go to shooting someone!!! Stop drop and roll. Oh wait thats fire, how about just walk away. I meen leaves are worth 15 years sitting in jail!!!.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Must've been some serious leaves.
    Reminds me of a really nice man I used to know.
    Had a flower shop in Muncie where my first wife worked part time.
    Had a lovely house in the golf course neighborhood in Yorktown. (There was only one at that time.)
    I watched leaves blow into his neighbor's lawn whilst I was painting the fence.
    They were coming from the south. His neighbor would come home, survey the
    lawn, and surmise that they had come from my acquaintence's lawn, being as he had trees and the neighbor didn't.
    The neighbor would then fire up his leaf blower and blow all the leaves in his lawn on
    north into my acquaintences lawn. EVERY DAY.
    It got to where my acquaintence would be sitting in the den with myself and the ladies,
    enjoying a drink and conversation, hear a faint whining, KNOW it was his neighbor's leaf blower, and race to the garage for HIS leaf blower to blow the offending leaves BACK to the south. Exchanging "OH no you don'ts!!" all the while.
    I have one message for all of you who live in suburbia.
    Ease up a little.

Professor Thump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Indy
    Shoot... My neighbor mowed over 35 of my pine trees that were 2-4 feet tall and I didn't shoot him. The trees were 15 feet from his border. He said the would ruin the view from the back of his house to the north on an acre lot.

He also has a drinking problem. Duh!

I called the Sheriff and filed a report. He moved 6 weeks later. Out of sight... almost out of mind.

I planted and watched those trees grow for 5 years. What are you going to do? ...that's legal?

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    People are nutty, it is people like this case that give all gun owners a bad name. Over freaking leaves? Come on now, just rake them up and haul them away to the dump...simple and no attempted murder involved. Is there any common sense left on this planet? I mean I am a woman and know I have it lacking at some moments...but really? Leaves?

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Shoot... My neighbor mowed over 35 of my pine trees that were 2-4 feet tall and I didn't shoot him. The trees were 15 feet from his border. He said the would ruin the view from the back of his house to the north on an acre lot.

I called the Sheriff and filed a report. He moved 6 weeks later. Out of sight... almost out of mind.

I planted and watched those trees grow for 5 years. What are you going to do? ...that's legal?

Criminal trespassing, destruction of private property, etc.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Must've been some serious leaves.
    Reminds me of a really nice man I used to know.
    Had a flower shop in Muncie where my first wife worked part time.
    Had a lovely house in the golf course neighborhood in Yorktown. (There was only one at that time.)
    I watched leaves blow into his neighbor's lawn whilst I was painting the fence.
    They were coming from the south. His neighbor would come home, survey the
    lawn, and surmise that they had come from my acquaintence's lawn, being as he had trees and the neighbor didn't.
    The neighbor would then fire up his leaf blower and blow all the leaves in his lawn on
    north into my acquaintences lawn. EVERY DAY.
    It got to where my acquaintence would be sitting in the den with myself and the ladies,
    enjoying a drink and conversation, hear a faint whining, KNOW it was his neighbor's leaf blower, and race to the garage for HIS leaf blower to blow the offending leaves BACK to the south. Exchanging "OH no you don'ts!!" all the while.
    I have one message for all of you who live in suburbia.
    Ease up a little.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::rockwoot:Thanks, that is hilarious.
    People are people no matter where ya go!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I had a difference of opinion with a county road crew who thought the county right of way expanded when they got equipment that would reach farther. The sherrif department had to explain it to them before they could understand the concept of ownership verse public right of way.

Suddenly the next weekend I had some one drive 20 feet off the road and over a couple little trees. I painted 6 cinder blocks green and quit mowing the grass. Didn't help much, it still happened one more time a couple weekends later.:laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

4 flat tires aren't legal but. . . . . . . . . they have been known to bring certain members of this forum some small amount of satisfaction after similar tresspasses by neighbors:naughty:

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Every fall there's a house on 79th near springmill rd. that has one of those 3' orange plastic temporary fences rolled out on their property line. Keeps the neighbor's leaves (big oak tree) from blowing into his yard.

Problem solved.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    What a whack job!

I'm actually in Randolph on a job interview.
    I 'd go try and talk some sense into his fool but he'd likely bust a cap in me.

Seriously people like this are going to ruin it for me before I even get here!:xmad:

Mass laws aren't that bad if you have a knowledgeable police chief(the further from Boston you are the better off you are)where you live. The chief decides whther to write certain restrictions or "none" on your license. A class A with a "none" makes exempt from the AWB. Weird, cumbersome but better than Illinios which kinda shocks me.
    Also their AWB only applies to new purchases. New residents are allowed to bring their property without giving an inventory. New purchases will suck however......if I get the gig.

Now back to Randolph. I 'll be keeping off the lawns while I'm out here!!! :eek:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom