• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    No there has not. Mods some of the rumors in this thread are getting really out of hand. I do know the family and some of those involved first hand. Could this thread be closed and if people would like a firearms/hunting saftey thread let them start a new thread to refresh everyones memory on this importan topic. Thank you

Tell us if they have committed other law breaking acts since you know them.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't see any reason to lock this thread. We do need to keep the rumors to ourselves, but I think we would all like an update to this story when there is one to report. It is tragic, and there is alot that still doesn't make alot of sense to many. So, there is naturally an interest even some lessons to be learned. I'm sure we all hope the best for the young man who witnessed the event, and feel for the family of the deceased.

Last edited:

Gibster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Boone County
    Some DNR regulations are put in place to protect sportsman from each other and themselves.

Any outdoorsman who does not observe all rules of the sport has no business introducing a youngster to a sport, (even fishing) especially when deadly weapons are involved.

Parents of the youngster should have done their homework to know what safety protocol was required and that all participating were aware and compliant.

Just goes to show the regulations ARE required.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We should all remember that each news story we talk about is about someone's friends or relatives. If we don't want it said about someone we know, we probably shouldn't be saying it about those we don't know.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    So you don't know them or you don't want to tell us if they have committed other illegal acts?

Yes I know the family, Have you ever did anything to break the law? im sure you have! Why they did what they did that day I can not answer as can anyone on here. If the investigation concludes that it happens as it did, then in my opinion there should be charges filed. Do I believe he intentionally shot his best friend, no I dont. Do I believe he shouldered a weapon and intentionally pulled the trigger at an unknown tatget, your damn right! The sad part is there is a very young baby who will never know his father, A babies mother left to raise her son alone, a father who lost his wife less then 2 weeks before who then had to bury his son. A 12 year old who I would guess will never be the same, who will prabably never be able to enjoy hunting or shooting again after watching a family member killed in front of his eyes.

But to come on here and see that its a paid hit, theres something funny about it. it was intentional is just to much for people in the community that do know the family.

Several young men broke several hunting regulations that day, no discussing that. I believe they will and should pay for those decisions.

All I am asking for is to stop the rumor flinging, un needed and not necesary in any means or form. The local News sources are even doin it!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    We should all remember that each news story we talk about is about someone's friends or relatives. If we don't want it said about someone we know, we probably shouldn't be saying it about those we don't know.

True... I don't think the thread should be locked but I do think that the mods should delete all the "rumor posts". They serve NO purpose..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I discussed this via email with the DNR enforcement. It is still under investigation that should be concluded the next day or two. Even then there is only so much that the DNR can reveal.

All so unnecessary.... And sad.

Top Bottom