• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Nope. Something along the lines of "ain't playing no ****ing games with this mother****er" is what I heard.
    Yeah just kidding. Why were they at his house in the first place I wonder. I can't believe they were just going house to house and searching everyone. Is this guy a known associate? Did the female say he would go to his boy's house around the corner? Who knows? Seems unlikely this was just a random house.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Yeah just kidding. Why were they at his house in the first place I wonder. I can't believe they were just going house to house and searching everyone. Is this guy a known associate? Did the female say he would go to his boy's house around the corner? Who knows? Seems unlikely this was just a random house.
    I believe someone saw the perp run up to his door. One of the cops said, anyway.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I understand not not letting them in the house but what is so wrong with stepping outside and giving a little information if would help get the scum off the streets.

Because they would have put him in handcuffs, said he was arrested, and barged their way into the house.

I think you fail to understand that the police play a game of using your good nature against you.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I applaud the person that defended his rights. If I were him, I might also send a copy of the video to the Sheriff and prosecutor for their review.

While I am an avid supporter of the Police, I do not, nor will I ever allow them to enter my home without a warrant. No, I do not use nor have any drugs, illegal weapons or any other item I think they could use in any way against me. However they have no legal rights to enter my home. The police use the same reasoning when they ticket you on a deserted road on a clear warm night at 3:00AM for speeding 10 mile over the limit - Obviously there is no danger to anyone but they will state "it is the law" even though the intent of the law was to prevent accidents due to traffic or road condition problems.

I also remember when the 65 mile per hour speed limit was imposed on the state highways way back when. The (as I recall) Lafayette Journal published the fact that the limit was ONLY being imposed to allow the police to stop drivers that were unsafe due to ice, wet roads or other conditions and that no one would be ticketed for speeding in good conditions! (That lasted about a year) - Same with seat belt laws - that was only passed to keep automotive business in the state.

When the police can charge a person for violating a "law" even though there is no reason, then they MUST abide by the same rules!! (No I have not received a traffic ticket in well over 20 years, but know several who have ~ that were totally undeserved.)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Guy was being a jerk for no justifiable reason. 'Nice' way to help out a woman from the area just beaten up by some scumbag. "Hey, nice lookout, clown". :rolleyes:

'Hate' to tell folks this, but depending on exigent circumstances (like 'hot pursuit'), your 'right' may be temporarily suspended or cancelled. Whether ya 'like that' or not. That's as it should be.

Was that this case in the Alex Jones clip (Alex Jones? Really?)? Not enough information to know for sure. COULD the cops have handled it better? Likely. Was the citizen being a complete jerk for no valid reason? Absolutely.

There's a difference between the real world and 'La-La Land'. :laugh:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Guy was being a jerk for no justifiable reason. 'Nice' way to help out a woman from the area just beaten up by some scumbag. "Hey, nice lookout, clown". :rolleyes:

'Hate' to tell folks this, but depending on exigent circumstances (like 'hot pursuit'), your 'right' may be temporarily suspended or cancelled. Whether ya 'like that' or not. That's as it should be.

Was that this case in the Alex Jones clip (Alex Jones? Really?)? Not enough information to know for sure. COULD the cops have handled it better? Likely. Was the citizen being a complete jerk for no valid reason? Absolutely.

The exercise of one's rights isn't a valid reason?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No. It should not be that way.

Welllll... the founding fathers, for good or ill, used the phrase "unreasonable search and seizure." They did not say "free from any search or seizure." The point is that .gov is allowed to do "reasonable" search and seizures.

Chasing a bad guy into your house whether you object or not is generally considered to be reasonable. By most people. People who aren't even lawyers. Or bad guys.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

How is denying the police entry into your house not helping out the victim? Maybe the police should have moved on once they were told no. Then they could have stopped wasting time that they could have spent trying to find the bad guy.

Oh, that's it. The guy should have closed the door in the officer's faces to get them moving in their search. Right?

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville

Maybe the guy had his own reason for being a jerk to the cops. Possibly he was curb stomped somewhere along the line. While we all encourage people to know and exercise their rights, it is not the norm for people to know their rights well enough to do this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Welllll... the founding fathers, for good or ill, used the phrase "unreasonable search and seizure." They did not say "free from any search or seizure." The point is that .gov is allowed to do "reasonable" search and seizures.

Chasing a bad guy into your house whether you object or not is generally considered to be reasonable. By most people. People who aren't even lawyers. Or bad guys.
    Sure, if they see the guy enter the residence. Not going door to door looking for someone though.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Can someone please explain to me the difference, as far as rights are concerned between being in your home, being on the front porch, and being on property you own? I live well off the street. Can cops stay on your property if you tell them to leave your property?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Welllll....

That's not what happened here.

Undoubtedly. But for a minute I thought you were saying that under no circumstances could police enter a house over the owner's objection. Now, it looks like it was a misunderstanding and we agree that under some circumstances (we can argue later about what's reasonable or not) police do have that authority.

:)

Top Bottom