• Men do you cook?

• Total voters

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Wow, where did you guys find all these women who can't cook? I'm impressed with all you guys who do cook. Hubby can reheat in a microwave, and probably could cook out of desperation, but has never had too.

I do 99.9% of the cooking and I do alot of it. The hubby eats 5 times a day (sometimes 6) due to a high metabolism. He's nothing but skin and bones even with that much food. He makes me look like a bad cook, but I'm really not. The last month has been worse because he had an run in with a wood splitter and crushed a finger. Since surgery I haven't been able to keep enough food in front of him. He is taking double and triple helpings and has started losing weight. I guess his body is just working that hard to try and heal.:dunno:

Just take care of the tapeworm and he'll start to gain again. Not that I'm knocking your food, I'm sure he didn't get the tapeworm there. ;)

Squirrel Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Closest thing I get to cooking is on a hunting trips. Then it's just heating up what was brought from home already cooked.

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    I would say that my wife does about 60% of the cooking. The grill is mine and the oven is her's. She is scared that she will mess up steaks/pork chops. We try to cook together whenever I am awake. I work 3rd shift and my sleep schedule gets messed up all the time.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    You can ask my wife, she'll tell ya she'd rather have me cook than her. A fellow INGOER and myself were wondering how it would go over if we started up a recipe thread on here. What do you guys think. Keep it manly though, no muffin or shortcake recipes. You know gameday food, BBQ, deer, squirrels , and fish. Stuff like that.

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger
    I do 95% of the cooking. I enjoy it and feel I'm pretty good at it. My wife used to do more, maybe once or twice a week, until about 8-9 months ago when she just gave up near the end of pregnancy. She could only make mac & cheese out of a box when I met her 9+ years ago. She's got much better with training and I keep a database of all my recipes for her so she can't screw things up when she does try to cook. She's not allowed near the grill though.

I do all of the cleaning, which I do not enjoy. I also do almost all of the grocery shopping.

Top Bottom