• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I would seriously doubt he planned on doing harm to any elected official. Based solely on the info in the article it seems like an otherwise honest citizen ran afoul of DC gun laws. I can't understand the mindset of a gun owner who doesn't take the time to learn about other jurisdiction's gun laws before travelling, but after that fellow that got arrested at this year's Taste of Chicago I can't say this would be the first time.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    U.S. Capitol Police have arrested a Virginia man they say tried to get into a secure area near the Capitol with a gun in his car as the president gave his health care address to Congress.

He is toast if their assertions are true, and probably toast even if they are not. The law is on the side of the Capital Police as I understand it.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I can't believe anyone would want to try to go to DC with a gun. I wouldn't want to go there without one, but that just means I really don't want to go there at all. Still, their laws are not a secret. He should have known better.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    In D.C. the gun could be a dis-assembled flintlock and he'd still be arrested. Why hasn't that gotten thru to some people...especially someone from next door Virginia.

Top Bottom