• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I watched Adam-12 when I was a kid, I don't remember Pete Malloy and Jim Reed shooting up a pickup. Maybe it's because they were carrying .38 specials and 870 Remingtons, not "evil semi-autos".
    Is that the correct use of "sarcasm font?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Totally inexcusable. They need to fire the trigger happy knuckleheads and there should be some criminal charges pressed against them too. We are not allowed to be so careless when hunting game, shouldn't there at least be as much diligence applied before shooting a human being as is required before shooting an animal? If I took this approach to target identification in my deer hunting, I would have had my hunting privileges revoked for life by the DNR a long time ago, not to mention the loss/confiscation of my hunting gear, truck, etc..

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    I'm just glad they didn't shoot at them 137 times. Maybe I'm crazy but maybe you should only fire if your fired upon or see someone actually about to commit a life threatening act.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Cops in this country need to get a grip. Just because a "cop-killer" is on the loose does not mean you have the right to shoot the town up (and almost kill innocent people). Sorry, but cops' lives are no more important than anyone else's.

Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    The police will protect you they said, you have no need for guns they said............
    I'm calling for a California style ban on trigger happy cops. As a proud supporter of LEO's but these actions are nothing short of criminal

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Some of you guys act like you was in california watching everything unfold. Haven't you learned by now that you cant depend on the media to get anything right. I highly doubt those guys just opened fire on either truck just because. But some of our usual ingo resident experts on policing sure aint going to let a crisis go to waste now are they? It actualy seems to me like some on here are rooting for the bad guy. Unreal.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    What gets me is this. Supposedly this guy was fired for filing a "false police brutality" report against fellow officers....

***DISCLAIMER!!! TIN-FOIL HAT WARNING!!!***

Formey Navy officer, I saw one pic of him with Lt. bars. Supposedly he had been in the theatre of battle (not sure which one). 3 years of Experience with LAPD before he was fired. Navy "fired" him and he got honorably discharged a few days ago. Don't know if the two incidents are related, but knowing how the Navy works sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised. His life ended with the first incident, and ended again with the discharge (in his own words).

“I know most of you who personally know me are in disbelief,” he wrote, “to hear from media reports that I am suspected of committing such horrendous murders. I know I will be villified by the LAPD and the media. Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name.”

Setting aside possible PTSD from military/police service, and not making excuses for him attacking a killing civilians whose only crime was being related to a police officer. Could this guy really believe that his report was not a false report? Could he believe that there was a systematic cover-up of the incident he reported? Could he have been unjustly targeted and punished for coming out against fellow officers?

What would you do if you thought that something like this was the ONLY way of fighting back against an injustice and try to force a change for the good inside of LAPD and related jurisdictions?

The fact that LAPD and other agencies are opening fire on innocent civilians, ramming vehicles off the road, and putting officers and families into lockdown mode, seems to indicate to me that they are closing up ranks, and hunting down(VENDETTA!) someone who threatens the status quo. Guilty conscience? Somehow they know he was in the right, but can not and will not admit it?

When was the last time they did lockdown mode and posted guards at family homes because a SINGLE person threatened the police/family of police? Sure, they've done it for specific individuals, etc. But the entire LAPD?

Something stinks here, and I don't think it is just LAPD's lack of trigger discipline or failure to identify their target before opening fire....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some of you guys act like you was in california watching everything unfold. Haven't you learned by now that you cant depend on the media to get anything right. I highly doubt those guys just opened fire on either truck just because. But some of our usual ingo resident experts on policing sure aint going to let a crisis go to waste now are they? It actualy seems to me like some on here are rooting for the bad guy. Unreal.

That is fine and dandy, except the LAPD said that was what happened to the blue truck.

He continued, "The LAPD officers assigned observed a vehicle matching the suspect's vehicle driving down the street with the lights turned out. Officers approached the vehicle and an officer-involved shooting occurred. Individuals in that vehicle were hit by gunfire; both were transported to the hospital."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I will grant you that most media sources reside in the same ZIP code with used car salesmen, but seeing evidence of vehicles disabled by police action, and in at least one case riddled with bullet holes, which have nothing to do with the wanted individual aside from being present in the same state is pretty compelling. Approximately 200 completed home searches of 400 planned which assuredly lack probable cause sufficient for a warrant as of the time of release of the information is also troubling.

I can understand your concern with the perspective that some others may take, but look at it from our perspective. None of us would receive an official reaction approaching this, and for an added bonus, uninvolved people are expected to graciously accept having the police run roughshod over their rights, invade their homes, and fill their vehicles full of bullets while they are in them. This hardly seems the way to win friends and influence people.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

You mean the 'alleged' bad guy? Arent we innocent until proven guilty?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Evidently this guy also is a fan of gun control, Piers Morgan, and Obama.

Hmmm, he must genuinely believe he is a victim....

Piers Morgan Fan Goes On Shooting Rampage, Killing Three… | Weasel Zippers

From his manifesto: (edited for cursing)
    Pro Gun Control:
    Who in there right mind needs a ****ing silencer!!! who needs a freaking SBR AR15? No one. No more Virginia Tech, Columbine HS, Wisconsin temple, Aurora theatre, Portland malls, Tucson rally, Newtown Sandy Hook. Whether by executive order or thru a bi-partisan congress an assault weapons ban needs to be re-instituted. Period!!!
    Mia Farrow said it best. “Gun control is no longer debatable, it’s not a conversation, its a moral mandate.”

I wonder what that semi-auto rifle is that he is using to institute his change....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I disagree, a whole department is causing this, one man just started it.

Absolutely correct. One man may have started it, but I have a difficult time imagining this type of reaction, both in scope and sloppiness had the threat been directed to anyone other than the police themselves or perhaps their political masters. I cannot see this happening if the man had gone on a rampage against, say, plumbers or mechanics.

Top Bottom