• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well today we put our Fox Terrier Gracie down, vet was not sure if she had cancer or was poisoned. We adopted her about a year ago from a foster program. I can't explain what this little girl did to bring me and my Girlfriend closer together, my kids happier and just made every day better. Most people say it's just a dog it happens, I know that I have had dogs my whole life and had to put more then a few to sleep. Gracie was more then just a dog she was part of my family, my best friend and one of my kids in my eyes. This has just decimated my Girlfriend and that hurts as bad as loosing my girl. I know it will pass with time, but I don't think I will ever love a dog like I did Gracie Lou. This girl finally taught me the meaning of " A Mans Best Friend"

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I currently have a Gracie Mae and she is absolutely part of our family, and loved dearly. So very sorry for your loss.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I have done mostly what most men do,
    And pushed it out of my mind;
    But I can't forget, if I wanted to,
    Four-Feet trotting behind.

Day after day, the whole day through --
    Wherever my road inclined --
    Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"
    And trotted along behind.

Now I must go by some other round, --
    Which I shall never find --
    Somewhere that does not carry the sound
    Of Four-Feet trotting behind.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Condolences......know it too well......been'ere twice 'is year.......

poem1.jpg

il_fullxfull.354969520_klxr.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Ugh. Hate that part of having dogs. Done it more times than I care to recall. So sorry. There was as year with no pups, OkieGirl put an end to that. The house is certainly full with them around.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hear ya. Put our boxer down a couple weeks back to end her suffering. Dogs become family. No doubt about it.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Ugh. Hate that part of having dogs. Done it more times than I care to recall. So sorry. There was as year with no pups, OkieGirl put an end to that. The house is certainly full with them around.

:yesway:....10 here.....at 1 time.....sadly.....:(.......only 6 left 'ese days......
    2 of'em ....rescues......other 4 was born here.......

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That really sucks! I had to put my Bozzy down this last November. Definitely the toughest part of having a dog :-( Once a dog person always a dog person. Get another pup! Won't be the same but it helps!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I don't think I will ever love a dog like I did Gracie Lou."

NO! Grieve your loss, but don't say that again. A man without a dog is only half a man, Another dog will find you and you will love it.

A new dog will never be Gracie Lou..... But it will be all the dog it can be, and it will be itself.

One thing that I cannot understand is why a man should live (if he's lucky) four score and seven years, yet his dog lives a score or so at best. It seems that we are meant to have more than one dog to accompany us in life

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sorry to hear this my friend. I have 5 beagles left and they are all 12+....at 1 time I had 20+ beagles and my lovable puggle, Skyler. I have had more put down than I care to remember. Cried like a baby every time and don't care who knows it. It takes me hours to dig a grave...just because I don't want it to happen. They tug at our shoestrings when pups and our heartstrings when the end is near. I wish God would have let dogs live 30-40 years.....I long for the day I see them again, and I honestly believe I will. Everyone of them were special in some way...best to you.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Sorry to hear. Now knowing about "man's best friend" here's hoping you will find another to love one day. I lost my 15 year old Golden/Chow mix last year. Princess was the best listener after I got home from Iraq all banged up. Wife supprised me with Brandy, a German Sheperd puppy for father's day. Just got done doing a patrol of the property with her. Losing a dog is always hard, but the love they give you before you lose them is always there.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You'll have another. Won't be the same, but just as good in it's own way. I've had cats like that, had to put some down, had others die in my arms of old age. It's never easy, but always worth it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your Gracie.

I've got four, and my oldest three are 9, 10, and 10. Going to be really sad around here in a few years.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That sucks.

I hate these threads..............
    they affect my computer monitor, it makes my screen wavy and hard to see for some reason.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thank all of you for your kind words, really shows the class this group has. Can't stop the tears for some reason, but I know it will pass. I think when the time is right we will get another rescue dog. Thank you guys what a great bunch !

Top Bottom