• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    PARKING ISSUES FOR THIS EVENT . . .

We use the parking lot to the WEST side of our parking lot for OVERFLOW at events. The problem is that the overflow parking lot is not PLOWED and if we get a load of snow tonight, as projected, the lot will NOT be accessable.

Consequently please plan on double parking others into spots and be ready to move your vehicle to allow them to leave. Also consider parking on the side streets near the lounge.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    PARKING ISSUES FOR THIS EVENT . . .

We use the parking lot to the WEST side of our parking lot for OVERFLOW at events. The problem is that the overflow parking lot is not PLOWED and if we get a load of snow tonight, as projected, the lot will NOT be accessable.

Consequently please plan on double parking others into spots and be ready to move your vehicle to allow them to leave. Also consider parking on the side streets near the lounge.

Thanks for the heads up. Was wondering about the west parking lot. Best to get there early for a good spot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Uh, got here a few minutes ago. Lot is covered in snow. No access. The bigger problem is not the lot itself, but the snow berm along the road that prevents access to the lot.

So we have about 10 spots in the parking lot at the store. Best bet will be to park on the street, might have to walk a block to get to the shop.

On the NORTH SIDE OF US30 is the "Schererville Animal Hospital" and if they are CLOSED people may want to consider parking there. Also on the NORTH SIDE OF US30 is "Champion Self Storage" and again, if they are CLOSED you may consider parking there.

Otherwise its going to be a tight squeeze in our lot, or its going to be parking on the side streets to the south of the shop.

If you want to park in the Chinese restaurant to our EAST, please go inside, order some food for carry out, and tell him you are leaving your car. Don't fill his lot and presume its OK to do so. He's a good guy, but it is his lot for his customers.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    MD - This will be the first event that I am attending at your place. Question, what is the norm for people to bring? Is it acceptable for me to bring 2 long guns? I was thinking about bringing my POF 308 and my Tavor.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    MD - This will be the first event that I am attending at your place. Question, what is the norm for people to bring? Is it acceptable for me to bring 2 long guns? I was thinking about bringing my POF 308 and my Tavor.

Some people bring nothing. Some people bring a carry gun, concealed. Some bring a carry gun, openly. Some people back up to the door unload their trunk and pile in the guns. It just depends on the night and who shows up. I'd say the 'average person' shows up with 1 to 2 guns. Guns could be anything. Could be silenced longarms. Could be a plain jane AR or a stock Glock or stock S&W M&P. Could be a fancy engraved double rifle for hunting in Africa. Could be . . .

Guess what I'm saying is that there is no "normal" for these nights.

As far as the number of INGO members who show up, could be as low as 10, as many as 40. I've seen it standing room only all the way into the parking lot and I've seen it with some empty chairs in the lounge. So honestly I can't tell you what to expect.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    By the way, if you get there and there are spaces in the parking lot then PLEASE park as close as practical to the car next to you.

We are going to need to shoehorn as many cars onto the property as possible.

As much as I love snow, the snow is going to cause a parking problem for us tonight.

Top Bottom