• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Even though I didn't shoot, it was nice seeing some of you.

Check out Friday Night Steel's Facebook page! It's new and we are planning on doing great things with it!

So who was who? I should have talked to more people. I started at station 5. I was wearing a red flannel shirt, shooting an xd. (not the glock, he was wearing red also but didn't do as well as I did ha. He is a friend)

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    No you can't. Where did you get it? Did you guys finish at stage 5? Well I guess all the kids finished at 5. Your son caught my eye b/c he wasn't using a 22 and hitting targets. (not that there's anything wrong with a 22)

If your refering to the ammo... yes you can!:yesway: USA Ammo's website is a banner ad here sometimes.

He finished at stage 1, the farthest north stage. He's my son, but he's not a kid anymore. He'll be 20 in October.:n00b:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everybody who came out last night; 60 people is pretty good for 45 degree weather!

I talked to Adam at BW's after the match and he let us know that he was swamped this weekend, so scores might be a little later than normal (he's got us spoiled by having them done on Saturday morning), but that he'll get them done as soon as possible.

MCFG will be having our annual Volunteer Day coming up on Saturday, April 2nd to help clean, maintain, and improve the range. If FNS folks could make the time to come out, we'd really appreciate it. We'll be on-site most of the day (8 am - afternoon) doing some spring cleaning. It'd be great to see a bunch of FNS folks there to help, so that we can ensure the range is in ship-shape for Spring.

Thanks!
    Chuck

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Please check the scores again .... I have enough trouble with my boy ...:D

Great match and good after party at Grindstone's in Speedway. For those that didn't attend ... you missed QUE's demo on safe knife handling ... :):

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

Great match and good after party at Grindstone's in Speedway. For those that didn't attend ... you missed QUE's demo on safe knife handling ... :):

Only one Members Only jacket was murdered in the demonstration.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

I think while he was grounded, he may have been home ..... PRACTICING! Whatever you do, don't ground him any more; we'll never beat him!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have a question for you FNS and Bowling Pins guys...

I am a member at MCFG and at some point would like to get into FNS and shooting pins. I have done a little reading on the gun classifications (Limited, Production, etc.) The only gun I own that is really usable is my Ruger P97D .45 which I tend to shoot pretty average, even though I have owned it for a long time. It also has the issue of 8 round mags (I think I could find some 10 rounders) and the disadvantage of the DA/SA trigger. Not to mention .45 ammo is kinda expensive these days....

I happen to shoot the Glock 17 in 9mm much better, but don't own one right now. I have been wanting to buy one. With the less expensive 9mm ammo and the consistent trigger, wouldn't this be a better "gaming" gun than my Ruger? Just looking for some insight. I would like to stick to 9mm for now. Would I shoot in "production" or another class? I know a .22 pistol is another option, but really want a 9mm. Any insights?

Edit: Okay, I got smart and read the sticky. It seems the Glock 17 would be versatile gun to shoot in several classes eventually if I wanted. It would also be cheaper for me than going the 1911 route (we all know about customizing, etc. and I don't reload.) Still would like your input on this. The Glock would not "just" be a competition gun but an all-around full size service pistol for range use/etc.

Last edited:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah the G17 would be great. If i am ever out there you could use my XD tactical. Same 5 inch barrel. Just bring some ammo and help load mags! ha

I have a question for you FNS and Bowling Pins guys...

I am a member at MCFG and at some point would like to get into FNS and shooting pins. I have done a little reading on the gun classifications (Limited, Production, etc.) The only gun I own that is really usable is my Ruger P97D .45 which I tend to shoot pretty average, even though I have owned it for a long time. It also has the issue of 8 round mags (I think I could find some 10 rounders) and the disadvantage of the DA/SA trigger. Not to mention .45 ammo is kinda expensive these days....

I happen to shoot the Glock 17 in 9mm much better, but don't own one right now. I have been wanting to buy one. With the less expensive 9mm ammo and the consistent trigger, wouldn't this be a better "gaming" gun than my Ruger? Just looking for some insight. I would like to stick to 9mm for now. Would I shoot in "production" or another class? I know a .22 pistol is another option, but really want a 9mm. Any insights?

Edit: Okay, I got smart and read the sticky. It seems the Glock 17 would be versatile gun to shoot in several classes eventually if I wanted. It would also be cheaper for me than going the 1911 route (we all know about customizing, etc. and I don't reload.) Still would like your input on this. The Glock would not "just" be a competition gun but an all-around full size service pistol for range use/etc.

Top Bottom