Marine Corps backpack group buy opportunity.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm still in for at least 1 back pack if the price is $"X" or less.

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Update. I was able to procure plenty of the MARPAT main packs, all of which were classified as F7 (none of the H7). I have to get a lot of pack lids and belts now but that auction does not start or finish until next week. A lot of variables in the air still but it looks like these should be below $20 per pack at least after they get their lids, and belts and get to the north side of Indy for distribution. I appreciate all the offers to get one on my way back from Ohio but that is going to be logistically impossible. I have to get them all in one spot, sort through the rough ones, match up parts and clean some of them before setting up a way to distribute.
    Glad to hear it!:yesway:

Let me know if you need a hand sifting through/damage control...

Also, if you happen to get a spare (odd number) Gen 1 hip belt or lid I'll take it off your hands. I need it for another pack, but still would like at least one more of the bunch you're putting together.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started this circus. It would be disingenuous not to offer to come to your base of operations to aid in the logistics of the whole endeavour. If you need more manual labour for the sorting, packing, shipping, etc., I'm in. Just PM me the when and where if you want my help.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Too cool, my first group buy!! I will be heading through Terre Haute to Vincennes around Christmas and can bring some that way if there are people on that side of the world.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I started this circus. It would be disingenuous not to offer to come to your base of operations to aid in the logistics of the whole endeavour. If you need more manual labour for the sorting, packing, shipping, etc., I'm in. Just PM me the when and where if you want my help.

I am off several days a week if you need help with transport or sorting, etc. Just let me know. Thanks for puting this together and making it happen!:yesway:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just found this thread. Definitely interested in at least one if there are any decent packs left after everyone above gets their shot.

I have been drooling over the possibilities on GovLiquidators for years. Rep to SmileDocHill and CathyInBlue for getting something started :yesway:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Too cool, my first group buy!! I will be heading through Terre Haute to Vincennes around Christmas and can bring some that way if there are people on that side of the world.

I live in Vincennes, was gonna just drive to TH when this all first started, but would be great if you could meet up for these.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Excellent news! I too can offer to help with some of the grunt work, etc if needed since I am in for 2 of them. I'm up in Marion and have a small pickup truck (Dakota) if that helps with distribution any.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    OK... I'm quite interested to see how this turns out.

I'll come out of my hole and say that I'm in depending on price +/- 25 or so.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    the link from theKid is awesome guys, check it out.

BTW, I'm getting a lot of PM's alluding to "I hope I'm not too late to get in on this" and let me just say, no, nobody is going to be too late.
    The auction site is NOT like Ebay or any other auction I've done. You put the stuff you are interested in on a "watch list", the stuff you bid on gets put on another list but gets removed from the watch list. I opened two windows to track both so I didn't just keep running up the bid on one lot of packs when another lot of the same thing stayed at a lower price. Near the end, the auctions that end just disappear from either list, if a bid had been placed on a lot it prolongs the closing time for that lot. There is no place to go and keep track of won bids immediately after being the highest bidder. Needles to say I lost track of a couple and won more lots than I ever planned on buying.
    If people on INGO buy all the packs I got Indiana will look like a military base with all the digital camo this GB will have distributed :):.

Please post in this thread if you are interested in a pack, if you haven't already, so I have at least a list of people and something of a "who came first" order. That being said I simply cannot imagine running out of packs prior to everyone getting as many as they want.

:ingo:

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Glad to hear this! I was starting to worry.....!and like I said before, let me know what I can do to help. I can zip over to Westfield any evening and most weekends.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    the link from theKid is awesome guys, check it out.

BTW, I'm getting a lot of PM's alluding to "I hope I'm not too late to get in on this" and let me just say, no, nobody is going to be too late.
    The auction site is NOT like Ebay or any other auction I've done. You put the stuff you are interested in on a "watch list", the stuff you bid on gets put on another list but gets removed from the watch list. I opened two windows to track both so I didn't just keep running up the bid on one lot of packs when another lot of the same thing stayed at a lower price. Near the end, the auctions that end just disappear from either list, if a bid had been placed on a lot it prolongs the closing time for that lot. There is no place to go and keep track of won bids immediately after being the highest bidder. Needles to say I lost track of a couple and won more lots than I ever planned on buying.
    If people on INGO buy all the packs I got Indiana will look like a military base with all the digital camo this GB will have distributed :):.

Please post in this thread if you are interested in a pack, if you haven't already, so I have at least a list of people and something of a "who came first" order. That being said I simply cannot imagine running out of packs prior to everyone getting as many as they want.

:ingo:

Wow That is awesome!!! I will also put my name in the hat for helping with sorting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom