• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok so yesterday im sitting around the house with my wife, as im reloading she comes up wit an idea. most of u have seen the 5.56 LC ammo that coms wit a green colored tip. so she wants to use finger nail polish on my reloads to decipher the different charges i use, i know i can just write them down but keeping them color coordinated seems like a good idea. Having said that what would finger nail polish do to the barrel/rifling???? just wanted to put it out there for opinions. remember this is a womans idea and quite frankly anything i can do to get her into shooting im down with. thoughts????? opinions????

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ya i hav done the markers on the primer thing and works the way i wanted it to. i think she saw some of my hornaday vmax wit the red polymer tip and wanted to spice up my ammo. just wondering if the small amount of finger nail polish would burn up n hurt my barrel or something. like i said it was a womens idea, u know they have to accesssorise everything. even her pink grips on her .380 bersa thunder

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    ok so yesterday im sitting around the house with my wife, as im reloading she comes up wit an idea. most of u have seen the 5.56 LC ammo that coms wit a green colored tip. so she wants to use finger nail polish on my reloads to decipher the different charges i use, i know i can just write them down but keeping them color coordinated seems like a good idea. Having said that what would finger nail polish do to the barrel/rifling???? just wanted to put it out there for opinions. remember this is a womans idea and quite frankly anything i can do to get her into shooting im down with. thoughts????? opinions????

LOL.. I think your loving wife is trying to tell you something but it doesn't have anything to do with managing your reloads... :rolleyes:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    LOL. what she tryin to tell me??? that she wants to paint my nails?? LOL. like i said anything i can do to get her on board wit my hobbie so we have something in common would b nice. she wont admit it but she likes to shoot to.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL.. I think your loving wife is trying to tell you something but it doesn't have anything to do with managing your reloads... :rolleyes:

:yesway: Step away from the reloading table!:D

Seriously though, many military rounds are color coded with paint, THIN paint. Nail polish is pretty thick, I don't think it would have too much of an adverse affect, but it may throw off the balance.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    LOL. what she tryin to tell me??? that she wants to paint my nails?? LOL. like i said anything i can do to get her on board wit my hobbie so we have something in common would b nice. she wont admit it but she likes to shoot to.

:laugh: I don't think she wants to paint your nails. But I forcast soon you two will find a common interest...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Seriously though, many military rounds are color coded with paint, THIN paint. Nail polish is pretty thick, I don't think it would have too much of an adverse affect, but it may throw off the balance.

I would think if put on too thick, it would affect accuracy. To what degree is the tougher question.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I don't see it doing any damage to the barrel, keep it up towards the tip and not down below the ogive of the bullet and it will never touch the inside of the barrel.

I really doubt you'll see any difference in accuracy either, unless you loading for a benchrest rifle.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i have a two year old daughter, so im sure il b painting nails here soon. LOL ya thats a good point about the thickness of the polish, and the point about excess weight on the bullet causing less accuracy. i see how that could b a problem. thanks everyone.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    maybe il try a couple n c what happens. i know i could have her seperate to diffrent color ammo boxes, but that doesnt seem like it would b much fun for her.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    This is how I mark my match ammo. There is a couple hundred in the small box and maybe 600 in the large box. Using the sharpie on the cardboard keeps it off each individual round. Pretty high tech. I know your head is swimming......

I don't know where in the heck all you guys were going with your implied sexual inuendoes.

As for me, I am serious about my reloading. and don't you forget it.

rwrpth.jpg

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I used to mark my .223 primers with a sharpie, but now I have a brass catcher. I randoly pick up my brass when shooting, and also do so during cease fire. I always come away with more brass than what I fire, so a piece or two is no big deal.

Top Bottom