• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have a marlin 795 (same trigger assembly but some small differences). I polished my own internals (that lightened it up quite a bit) and then i did the DIPs trigger guard and trigger. It is 1000% better. It has set screws to take up all the pre and post travel and i went with the wider trigger and it feels GREAT! I havnt done the springs yet because i honestly dont need them with the mods i have done now. i would have guessed my trigger weight before at around 6-7lbs and now im down in the 4lb range. Plus my trigger travel distance is only about 3mm so its an instant fire with no chance to pull off target.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    You might try simply putting a dab of polishing compound on the sear surface before your next blasting session. I did that for an AR, then installed some lighter springs and the difference is amazing. I would expect a similar effect for most any trigger.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    the problem with the sear is the angle at which it is cut thats the reason the trigger is so heavy. It needs re shaped really. check out rimfirecentral.com and there is a sticky when you go to the marlin semi auto section.

Top Bottom