• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I'm looking for good quality rings for my 795 that will still allow me to use the iron sights for close targets. The only ones I can seem to find are weaver see through rings. Anyone have experience on whether these are good rings? Also it would have to work with a scope like a Burris full field II or other suitable optic (possibly vortex rimfire).
    A completely separate question, would it be foolish to pass down the previously mention Burris from my Rem 700 to this rifle? :dunno:

Weaver rings (below)
    49523_00482.gif

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    My question would by why would you want the iron sights at all. If you are going with an adjustable magnification scope something like a 3-9 then why go any irons. Plus when you set the scope up higher off the barrel you run into the issue of the plane of the scope and the plane of the barrel being less in line. My goal is to always set the scope down at much as is comfortable and fits. Im always of the mind set of dont try to do to much with something because then you end up with a gun that doesnt do anything well.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    aclark: Were you even able to see the iron sights with those rings? That was the major complaint I heard about those rings on this rifle.

chuddly: I have already had to dispatch one raccoon this year at about 2am. That is not a lighting condition that I've had great luck with out of scopes. I'm trying to make sure I can take care of the occasional night time nuisance as well as a squirrel rifle.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I think so, but don't remember for sure. I would have probably had to get really low on the stock for the irons and really high for the scope. If I can get my model 60 out of my dads safe I'll throw them on there and check it out for you.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    20130218150411.jpg

Here you go. You can see the sights just fine, just more of an cheekbone weld instead of a cheek weld. At least for me...

Top Bottom