• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am posting this for a friend of mine that is not really familiar with the whole computer forum thing. He says that when he starts to shoot this Marlin it is dead on, however after it gets warmed up it shoots 4 to 5 inches to the right at 75 feet. Does anyone have any solution or ideas what could cause this? Thanks much.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The barrel band heats up but in his case it does not have a barrel band. One more question is does it have a JM stamp in a circle on the barrel or a rep stamp in a circle on the barrel? I will continue with the assumption that it
    Marlin marlin.

The only 882 I have shot had wood stock. It drove nails. JM in a circle on the barrel.

ThAt said I would say thAt something is up with the stock or stock to action/barrel fit. If you have a padded vise then I would take it out of the stock and shoot it grasped in the vise.
    If the problem goes away the. You have a starting place. Many places make aftermarket stocks for that rifle.

That micro groove barrel should be excellent in the accuracy dept. a five inch movement of point of aim at 75 feet is a mmajor shift in point of impact. Sounds like it needs a trip back to the factory if new.

Top Bottom