• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    That is terrible. They didn't say who's gun it was, but since thwy are charging him with posession, I assume it wasn't the driver's parent's gun, which was left under the seat.

What the heck were they doing downtown at 3am anyways? I mean I can't blame them for wanting a gun to protect themselves downtown at that time--but they were breaking curfew, and asking for trouble to go at that time.

The tragedy was that they got IN the car that night I guess.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    That is terrible. They didn't say who's gun it was, but since thwy are charging him with posession, I assume it wasn't the driver's parent's gun, which was left under the seat.

What the heck were they doing downtown at 3am anyways? I mean I can't blame them for wanting a gun to protect themselves downtown at that time--but they were breaking curfew, and asking for trouble at that time. The tragedy was that they got IN the car that night I guess.

From the article ... "meeting few female friends". We've all been there .. well the lucky ones anyways.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

What the heck were they doing downtown at 3am anyways? I mean I can't blame them for wanting a gun to protect themselves downtown at that time--but they were breaking curfew, and asking for trouble to go at that time.

The tragedy was that they got IN the car that night I guess.

Downtown isn't as scary as some INGOers think. Obviously the only threat the "victim" faced was from the friends/family he was with. He wasn't shot by a stranger.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    My sister works at the bar in this hotel and left about 5 minutes before it happened....... Scary ****...

michaeladkins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    I agree, downtown is not all that scary, but you still need to be smart. It is all about what position you put yourself in.

My mama always said that nothing good happens after midnight anyway. So there is not need to be out on the streets at that time. As I get older and have a child, I know understand and agree with her. I did not at the time though!

Mike

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I happened to see the mother of the boy who was shot on tv last night pleading for other parents to know what their kids are doing and where they are at. Great advice after the fact.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I remember being 17 and (trying) to meet girls . . . after a long day folding t-shirts at work. Funny how gunfights and major felonies never entered into the equation.

ive heard that its been labeled an accidental shooting....one of his friends or family was probably fondling the gun or showing it off and accidentally shot him

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    said IMPD Chief Rick Hite. "We need to pursue open discussions with the community about handguns, youth violence and curfew laws to combat this crisis."

1. Is there a crisis of friends shooting friends in the back in Indy?
    2. By "open discussions with the community about handguns", if the Chief isn't thinking about teaching the 4 laws of gun safety what could he possibly discuss with "the community" that would be of any help.
    3. Curfew laws to combat this crisis... now I get it. Penalize all yutes out past 11pm to solve the problems of "the community".

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I agree, downtown is not all that scary, but you still need to be smart. It is all about what position you put yourself in.

My mama always said that nothing good happens after midnight anyway. So there is not need to be out on the streets at that time. As I get older and have a child, I know understand and agree with her. I did not at the time though!

Mike

This. The one and only time one of my kids got in bad trouble was about 2am. I was pretty serious about them not being out and about later at night. If they were out, they were at someone's home, not out wandering the streets.

And as a kid, I spent some time on the ragged edge, but never went completely over. Arrested? Yes. Convicted? No.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    said IMPD Chief Rick Hite. "We need to pursue open discussions with the community about handguns, youth violence and curfew laws to combat this crisis."

2. By "open discussions with the community about handguns", if the Chief isn't thinking about teaching the 4 laws of gun safety what could he possibly discuss with "the community" that would be of any help.
    3. Curfew laws to combat this crisis... now I get it. Penalize all yutes out past 11pm to solve the problems of "the community".

Guess he had to make some kind of a statement and just couldn't think of anything intelligent.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood

There's already a curfew and there are laws about a 17 y/o with hand guns.

Top Bottom