• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    well it can be used in emergencies and after disasters. its not just for riots or civil unrest. maybe Obama did cause the storm and he's taking over America starting with some islands of NJ

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't think its the government's job to forcibly relocate people or tell them they aren't allowed to stay on their own property. Our rights shouldn't cease to exist because of bad weather.

Local residents banned from barrier island up to 8 months
    Residents are being forcibly evacuated tonight from seven Ocean County communities because of extensive repairs needed after the devastation Hurricane Sandy left behind, Seaside Height Police Chief Thomas Boyd said.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't think its the government's job to forcibly relocate people or tell them they aren't allowed to stay on their own property. Our rights shouldn't cease to exist because of bad weather.

Local residents banned from barrier island up to 8 months

I don't either, but we've forced their hand in this matter. People who refuse to leave need to understand .gov help is an all-or-nothing proposition. If they refuse to take the help offered in recommendations to evacuate, then they should be obligated to "refuse" the help of rescue when their stupid asses get stuck.

At the very least they should be charged for the services.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Jersey City mayor orders full curfew
    Mayor Jerramiah Healy has ordered a curfew starting Wednesday night for all residents. It lasts from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. He also ordered all schools closed until Monday.

On Tuesday, Healy criticized residents for disobeying a vehicle ban on city streets and said police would start issuing summonses to violators.

He also banned businesses without power from staying open after 7 p.m. The curfew announced Wednesday extended that to all businesses.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As long as material stuff is supposedly being protected, the Bill of Rights doesn't matter.

11871524-standard.jpg

Hurricane Sandy damage in barrier island section of Brick Township | NJ.com

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's easy to say "and" when you're on the other side of the law.

I have plenty of family in NJ who lost a lot. They don't give a s**t about martial law/cerfews. They are trying to salvage what they have and rebuild. We sure get preachy 700 miles away from behind keyboards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I have plenty of family in NJ who lost a lot. They don't give a s**t about martial law/cerfews. They are trying to salvage what they have and rebuild. We sure get preachy 700 miles away from behind keyboards.

So..what? Should we praise the state of NJ for stripping its citizens of their rights when they were at their most vulnerable? :dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Not sure if you are for or against martial law? Don't look down at us keyboard commandos, it's lonely down here in my parents basement.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not sure if you are for or against martial law? Don't look down at us keyboard commandos, it's lonely down here in my parents basement.

Having just worked the blast site here on the south side, I understand that business as usual stops. That neighborhood was a disaster area, now multiply that 10,000x's for the east coast. All the recording stated that there was some form of martial law but I'm not clear they are saying what they mean. There has been no evidence that actual Martial Law was declared.
    Martial law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Local authorities do have control of local disaster areas like we do of the blast site and that might be seen as martial law even though it is not. The actual laws vary by state.

Top Bottom