• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HistoryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Churubusco
    I have a bayonet that my I got from my grandpa when he died. Is it possible to find the rife that it went with, or am I asking the impossible? If it is possible, how do I start?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a bayonet that my I got from my grandpa when he died. Is it possible to find the rife that it went with, or am I asking the impossible? If it is possible, how do I start?

They weren't made for a particular rifle if thats what you mean (ie. serial number on the bayonet matching a serial number on the rifle). Mauser bayonets were pretty much interchangeable between a large number of rifles - K98's, M48's, M24/47's, VZ24's, etc. all will accommodate the same bayonet. If you post some pics showing any markings, we may be able to narrow it down somewhat.

You may be able to find some good info here too: Bayonet Identification Guide Index

VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    I have a bayonet my uncle brought back from WW2. He was at Bastogne. It fits my K98 and my Gew98. I'm sure it fits several others as DoggyDaddy said. Do like Gunaria said and hold on to it.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

For Heavens sake post a picture*** Some one should be able to I.D it..

Top Bottom