• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Properly registered they would have value if in a useful condition. There are a few out there that are registered.

Chuck

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    YHM had a new Maxim silencer they were selling...just went to look to drop the link here and looks like they don't carry them anymore maybe?

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    They were very common in the 20's... When the National Firearms Act was passed in 1934 there was an amnesty period that they could be registered tax free... But... Very few people got the word in time... I don't know how well they advertised it... Probably just tweeted it and put it on their Facebook page... I searched INGO and couldn't find any archive threads from 1934, so, I don't know if it was posted here...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    YHM had a new Maxim silencer they were selling...just went to look to drop the link here and looks like they don't carry them anymore maybe?

Someone at YHM told me that they quit making them because their licensing aggrement expired, he says they are very good silencers. If you want one, they can still be had from Maxim 1911 .45 Sound Suppressor - $299.00 : Cold Hand Arms, From our COLD DEAD HANDS . I bought one back in August and am waiting for my tax stamp. They have the same can in .22 also.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's pretty cool that the company is still in business. The one that caught my eye was the original (I think) 1909 patent. From my minimalist research they were supposedly used on the old 1917's. Seemed rather smallish for a .30-06 though, especially when you look at some of the vintage Viet Nam photos where the sniper rifles had these huge cans on them.

Top Bottom