• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm looking at getting something to carry while the wife and I are on an upcoming vacation. What I carry on my person during an everyday event:

1. Wallet w/cash and cards
    2. Pocket knife
    3. Cell phone
    4. Car keys
    5. Pistol
    6. Coins
    7. Pen

Since we are on vacation, I usually carry a few extra things. Maybe an extra mag, camera, water bottle(s), a few sundries and emergency jerky. We're going to be doing some light hiking and a friend of mine just did a huge group buy and picked a large bladder Camelbak. It doesn't have much room for storage and if I am going to carry concealed, I'd rather have something at my waist than slung on my back. I'm thinking of going the Versipack route but I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it.

Do any of you carry a Versipack or otherwise handy bag? I refuse to go down the road of a fanny pack but I'm comfortable with a 'tacticool' man purse. Hey, if Indiana Jones did it and is the measure of man, so can I! :D

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sold on it but LAPolicegear.com has 15% off and it ends soon.

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    a man bag is one baby step up from a fanny pack. if you want to carry a bunch of stuff get a back pack with 2 *read two* straps.

when you become a nazi fighting archeologist you can spring for the man bag(and not be banished to the pride parade).

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Hahaha! This thread ALREADY delivers.

I already carry a one-shoulder slung bag to work for all my job related garbage. It's not as cool as Indy's.

indy.jpg

I do NOT carry one outside of work.

It will make me look 'toursity' when I'm out and about but the place we're going to in TN is probably 90% tourists anyway.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You don't normally carry any extra mags?

In the summer, I've often carried a revolver... so no. Nor clips in the case of a revolver. Carrying more mags has been in the back of my mind since the most recent thread. If not one on my person, then one in my glovebox.

I've switched summer carry weapon and the manufacturer only gave me one mag... more mags are 35ish + shipping so I'm holding out for a 'deal' on them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm looking at getting something to carry while the wife and I are on an upcoming vacation. What I carry on my person during an everyday event:

1. Wallet w/cash and cards
    2. Pocket knife
    3. Cell phone
    4. Car keys
    5. Pistol
    6. Coins
    7. Pen

Since we are on vacation, I usually carry a few extra things. Maybe an extra mag, camera, water bottle(s), a few sundries and emergency jerky. We're going to be doing some light hiking and a friend of mine just did a huge group buy and picked a large bladder Camelbak. It doesn't have much room for storage and if I am going to carry concealed, I'd rather have something at my waist than slung on my back. I'm thinking of going the Versipack route but I'm not sure how much I'll actually use it.

Do any of you carry a Versipack or otherwise handy bag? I refuse to go down the road of a fanny pack but I'm comfortable with a 'tacticool' man purse. Hey, if Indiana Jones did it and is the measure of man, so can I! :D

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sold on it but LAPolicegear.com has 15% off and it ends soon.

BUY IT!!!! thats a steal for the price they are offering it at. It will last you a LONG time. Safe Travels!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I hear you loud and clear. Given the choice between the following archtypes, it is really hard for me to pick one.

Pics:

Fanny packs...

Man bags (not Indiana Jones)

Or the hybrid...

sorry i had to edit out the pics so no one was forced to look at them again. lol.

Id say all the ones pictured had serious MAN defficiencies WAY before they chose to put on bags or packs. you could throw a ALICE pack on richard simmons but he would still be GAY.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Just go for a dark backpack of some sort. Really anything would do. Dont put your weapon in there though, its kind of hard to get to.

My personal preference for hiking would be to carry OWB, and pocket everything else you possibly can. Anything you cant, carry. In reality, that probably leaves you carrying your camera (and that can be passed off to your wife).

Alternately, you could carry using an under the arm rig, and use a vest for concealment. The vest would give you extra pockets to assist in carrying your extra supplies for the day.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I was thinking about getting a versipack jumbo for my netbook. Does that qualify for man card revocation?

I was also going to use it for work carry. I don't like leaving it in the car but I don't want to risk having it on my person where a med emergency would cause it to be discovered. Having it in a bag would allow me to lock it in my desk.

Anyone reading from my office, I am just joking.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    ranger is really pushing hard for this man pack. maybe you should buy him one and see what its worth to him. hey hey heeeeeey.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    My chiropractor gave me the big lecture about carrying my wallet in my hip pocket. I ordered a pair of Eotac "operator" jeans. (not much for shorts) They have 2 zippered pockets down the seam. Big enough for a 30 round AR mag. Front pockets are low cut and deep. 4 velcro hip pockets. (only use the left rear for a can of snuff) I can securely carry more crap than I actually need. Still carry my pistol on my belt, shirt tail out. (or you could carry a Webley on a lanyard :D )

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    My chiropractor gave me the big lecture about carrying my wallet in my hip pocket. I ordered a pair of Eotac "operator" jeans. (not much for shorts) They have 2 zippered pockets down the seam. Big enough for a 30 round AR mag. Front pockets are low cut and deep. 4 velcro hip pockets. (only use the left rear for a can of snuff) I can securely carry more crap than I actually need. Still carry my pistol on my belt, shirt tail out. (or you could carry a Webley on a lanyard :D )

I like the ACM Wallet when I chose to carry my wallet in my front pockets.
    ACM Wallet - The ACM®Wallet Credit Card Holder & Money Clip

Then you can put an LCP or similar in your rear pocket and show your doctor who is boss next time he hassles you :ar15:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm checking out TN's laws for carry and they do allow CC and open but I think I will still CC since we will be in a tourist area. No carry into establishments with liqour/beer sales. Maxpedition's color names are confusing.

Top Bottom