• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    A lady I work with says she's going to go Nevada to take a class to get her federal carry license. I told her to get me the information so I can spread the word, I haven't gotten the info yet.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I once had a supervisor for a security company that I worked for tell me that when someone tailgates him in the company car he stops abruptly and gets out with a gun in his hand and confronts the driver. He said he can't get in trouble for doing that because he's not pointing the gun at anyone. I dialed the owners cell # and got him on the phone. I said so- &-so wants to tell you a story about how he deals with tailgaters while in the company car then I handed him the phone. I never saw that super again.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When I was working Maintenance, they hired a young kid that was supposed to have experience. We were talking about welding and I could tell he didn't know jack. I told him the new galvanized rods work great. "You just use a forward and back motion and the special coating on the rods applies new galvanized coating" He piped up that he had used them. I left him believing that they did exist. A couple days later I overheard him telling someone else about the "Special Galvanized Rods". The kid didn't last too long before he was let go. He was an "I know" Boy. If you tried to help him he would just say I know and go on doing the same thing he was doing. We just started to sit back and watch him fail.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I was working Maintenance, they hired a young kid that was supposed to have experience. We were talking about welding and I could tell he didn't know jack. I told him the new galvanized rods work great. "You just use a forward and back motion and the special coating on the rods applies new galvanized coating" He piped up that he had used them. I left him believing that they did exist. A couple days later I overheard him telling someone else about the "Special Galvanized Rods". The kid didn't last too long before he was let go. He was an "I know" Boy. If you tried to help him he would just say I know and go on doing the same thing he was doing. We just started to sit back and watch him fail.

That's less irritating than "I know"'s defensive and insecure cousins, "I'm aware of that," and "I'm well aware of that."

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I used to work at the lumberyard at a local Menards and we used to tell every single new employee during their first week, that we needed them to go to the basement to fetch the signature Menards board stretcher. We would explain what this hypothetical device looked like and tell them how to get to the basement.

We then would explain what the device's purpose was. We'd say something like, "you can take a 2x6-12' and make it a 2x6-14' ya know?" You would NOT believe how many guys would say "Yeah I know what a board stretcher is, but where is the basement?" We would then explain how to get to the basement that Menards obviously didn't have and it was the funniest thing ever. I worked there for a year and a half and I'd say we probably duped 4 or 5 guys in that time span. Most wouldn't fall for it but the ones that did weren't happy when they returned. Lol

Most people would rather act like they know what they're doing rather than question someone about something they aren't sure about. It was downright hilarious but sad at the same time.

I realize this isn't gun related but figured I'd share!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

I have that very problem with my five year old granddaughter. Can't teach her a thing 'cause she "knows" already. But then again, she is only five.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Post stories you've heard from people telling stories that seem a little too good to be true in regards to carrying or gun related events.

Yesterday I went to a store to pick up a battery for my GFs car. The guy chatted with me about my gun and proceeded to tell me about his history with guns. He told me he had an International security license which allowed him to carry anywhere he deemed fit and could take them on airlines with no questions asked. Proceeded to tell me he carries a gun in a VersaCarry holster and he went through TSA and they never saw his gun.

(If anyone could tell me about this International security license and if there is such a thing that allows him to do that, i'd love to hear about it.)

Ask him for his Auto Parts License that allows him to sell parts in all 50 states and internationally, otherwise don't buy from him.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had a guy tell me that he was attacked in an alley and went all ninja on the attacker, subduing him until the bad guy pulled a gun. Our ninja was then able to grab the gun and being to disarm the bad guy, but the bad guy pulled the trigger, causing injuries, before he could get it away from him. Bad guy then fled, so ninja dropped the gun in the alley and left.

I held out my pen and told him to demonstrate his ninja disarming move and he immediately grabbed the pen with his right hand. Which was fine, except his bullet wound was on his left hand. At that point I asked him if he wanted to admit he shot himself before I had any more time in the case or if he wanted me to waste my time and then file false reporting on him. He then admitted to having been jacking with a .25 Raven trying to eject a stuck live round and it discharged as he slammed the slide back and forth with his off hand partially covering the muzzle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had a guy tell me that he was attacked in an alley and went all ninja on the attacker, subduing him until the bad guy pulled a gun. Our ninja was then able to grab the gun and being to disarm the bad guy, but the bad guy pulled the trigger, causing injuries, before he could get it away from him. Bad guy then fled, so ninja dropped the gun in the alley and left.

I held out my pen and told him to demonstrate his ninja disarming move and he immediately grabbed the pen with his right hand. Which was fine, except his bullet wound was on his left hand. At that point I asked him if he wanted to admit he shot himself before I had any more time in the case or if he wanted me to waste my time and then file false reporting on him. He then admitted to having been jacking with a .25 Raven trying to eject a stuck live round and it discharged as he slammed the slide back and forth with his off hand partially covering the muzzle.

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:

You sir get the honorary Sir Sherlock Holmes prize. Seriously. That deserves a beer.(with a side of bacon) Anyone?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    No but he wore all black.

How about a Maxpedition Versipack? Done it on two round trips as my "man purse" carry-on. (ok, so its not exactly the same...):):

Yeah, not really the same. That's a nice looking pack though. Most of the stuff I travel with fits my business tactical attire; I carry the Red Rock Nav Bag. The only thing that the TSA just can't keep their hands off of is my bullet proof clipboard. Or maybe I should do the watch thing and call it bullet resistant.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

WTF? Why would anyone make up a story like that? Oh, never mind.

So, late one night I was in the China Town district in Amsterdam. I turned the corner and I would have sworn that what stood in front of me was a wolf. I took a hard left into an open bar and stayed there for some time. When I went back out an hour or so later the wolf was gone.

And yes, his hair was perfect.

The only difference is that is a true story, at least as much as I remember of it, and I used none of my Ninja moves on it or the barkeep.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I thought we had an agreement that we wouldn't talk about that.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I had a guy at Walmart tell me once time that if I OC, a bad guy trying to rob any place I was in would shoot me first since I was a threat. Also went on to tell me something about 5 year old girls stealing my gun and shooting me with it...element of surprise, CC'ing and so on.

True Story.:ugh:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I've heard that from a few cops and one dealer before: The mythical "Class three" license allows them to carry anything, anywhere in the USA. Sure...

My fav was s kid (INGO member too... you know who you are...) trying to impress me in a parking lot, stating that his "friend in the military police" carried a Colt Delta Elite while on duty... Mmmmmebe? Naw...

Another guy, almost a kid, tried explaining to me at a gunshow that he carried a Delta Elite in Vietnam with MAC-V. When I explained to him that he was too young to be in 'Nam, the 10mm cartridge wasn't around until AFTER Vietnam and that it was literal bull-mess that he could "stroll into the quartermaster to get 10mm cheap" when it didn't exist yet, he then turned red, started to spew off more false and contradictory credentials. When he saw my non-plussed and unswayed demeanor, he exclaimed "he can bury people like me 'cause I'm licensed to do so!" Fun folks that walk among us, huh?

Family member tried explaining to me that his "buddies" had a 454 Chevelle that had been rebuilt with such high compression, it would start by itself every so often. I asked him the compression ratio, "oh, about 11 to 1". Really, I ask. Then show him my SCCA prepped Honda CRX running the same compression with it's rebuilt engine, then informed him that I've never had any issues with it starting. His answer, "Well, it's the number of cylinders, you have too few, so it won't do it as well as a V8..." Fun when they stick to the story all the way into the ground.

Some folks gas to just gas, inflate their personal ego and want to sound "important", hoping beyond hope that they sound intelligent enough that you won't question them, nor will you know anything about what they are talking about. :D
    I had a stock Honda CB750 start all by itself, with me playing with the points. It must have 11:1 compression!

Top Bottom