• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was a guest of Dean Markley strings for a concert called, "Clash of the Titans" at what was then called "The World Music Theater" in Tinley Park, IL...Megadeth was the headliner, Slayer, Anthrax, and an unknown band called Alice in Chains opened the show.

I was backstage in the Megadeth green room drinking Heinekens with Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman and a dude named "Jerry" who had to leave early to go open the show...turned out to be Jerry Cantrell.

I loved the bluesey approach to his guitar playing. All these years later, I still tip my hat to him. I saw them a few years back with their new singer opening up for Velvet Revolver. Guy still has that great tone that guitarists chase after their whole lives...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Im also surprised to see Maynard in this light .... But then again many of us grew up listening to the music of Tool, and look at us now :)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Aenima, Lateralus. Reminds me of my high school days :)

Aenima is one album I absolutely cannot listen to. So many people say it is their best, yet there isn't one song on it I would say is even decent. My wife has two copies of it on CD and every once in a while I listen to one of them thinking there is just something I'm missing, but I can't get through any of the songs and just put the CD away. :dunno:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Aenima is one album I absolutely cannot listen to. So many people say it is their best, yet there isn't one song on it I would say is even decent. My wife has two copies of it on CD and every once in a while I listen to one of them thinking there is just something I'm missing, but I can't get through any of the songs and just put the CD away. :dunno:

Aenima has some of my favorite songs on it. But I have to agree taken as a whole thing Aenima is not thier best album imho.

My favorite songs on the album

Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Push it and Third eye. The rest of the album honestly kinda sucks. Stinkfist and Push it are by far my two favorites on Aenima, 46 & 2 is pretty cool if you watch the video that explains the therory of evolution behind the song. Third eye is just ok I really don't like it as much but it is way better than most of Aenima.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Aenima has some of my favorite songs on it. But I have to agree taken as a whole thing Aenima is not thier best album imho.

My favorite songs on the album

Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Push it and Third eye. The rest of the album honestly kinda sucks. Stinkfist and Push it are by far my two favorites on Aenima, 46 & 2 is pretty cool if you watch the video that explains the therory of evolution behind the song. Third eye is just ok I really don't like it as much but it is way better than most of Aenima.

I cannot believe H isnt on this list.

Top Bottom