7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think Marcia is hot!

:hijack:

I can't argue with that!

MaureenMcCormick03.jpg

My questions are:

What has Daley planned for where he'll go now?
    Who will his successor be?

These guys promise HOPE and CHANGE!

The dash our hopes and the only change they provide is to take off the baby's clean diaper and put them back in a dirty one.

I hope I'm wrong about Chicago... I'd love to see them have a chance... but I wouldn't bet the farm on it, not this year.

Blessings,
    Bill

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    I "believe" the sucession after Daley 1 was. Bilandec, Byrne, Sawyer, and Washington, then Daley 2. None had the ability to pull the city together like the Daley's, Now all the get rich quick ideas like the parking meters have fallen on their butt. The school system CEO is the former head of the Chicago Transit Authority (a real qualification?). The schools, the gentrification projects, the taxes, and welfare fraud are REAL problems. It's all about the money. Daley 2 would love to run and beat his dads record. Rich Daley is privy to more info than we will ever know. He sees the hand writing on the wall, and he's jumping ship. Emanual won't run.

'

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    Yes as atated previous look who might be coming in. Rahm obviously but what about Jesse Jackson JR. He and his dad have lots of ties.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I really don't care about Chicago, it can fall in Lake Michigan and vanish. It's always been corrupt, and the citizens of that dump deserve what they got. My only hope in this is that Daley stays retired, and isn't appointed to something by Osama, I mean Obama. Keep your BS to yourselves Chicago.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Sure the Daley reign may be coming to an end, but it will still be business as usual as far as Chicago politics is concerned. Chicago is a democratic stronghold, and always will be. Only time will tell what the future holds, but who knows, it could get even worse...yes it is possible. BO being a Chicago native still has a lot of pull in he area, and that could spell more trouble for Chicagoans. Look what happened with the Cook county board. They finally got rid of John Stroeger, and somehow Todd Stroeger ends up with the job. Thankfully some of the former front runners for this position have their own legal issues to deal with, but the next several months will be VERY interesting. Don't get me wrong, I despise Daley, but also remember that the Chicago moratorium on handgun registration that lasted well over 20 years was enacted under the Byrne administration.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Daley is supposedly leaving to spend time with his wife, that's in very bad shape. If you watched his "goodbye" speech you'll notice he takes the podium, and an aide assists his wife (who's on crutches) to the mayor's general area, not to his side. Same thing when he leaves the podium. He walks off and the aide trails far behind with the mayors wife. Daley is a self serving jerk. Any loving husband would have assisted his own wife, had her stand next to him, and acknowledged her support, and her own public service. The city's been good to the Daley family. I'm 63, and I can't remember a real problem that Daley 2 had to face in 21 years. Now that Chicago is in real financial trouble (a great deal of it created by Daley himself) he's gonna walk with the city in need of someone with his knowledge. The next mayor is walking into a real pile of crap.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    WGN news this morning showed a few possiblities. Jesse Jackson Jr., Rahm, and I think a Sheriff. Couldn't hear so well in the waiting room. Very true about it not really mattering who gets in, the Aldermen rule. No matter what, Daley did the smart thing and got out. His wife isn't doing well, Chicago along with IL is broke beyond belief, and he just got his butt handed to him with the firearm decision. Hopefully the people of Chicago make a good decision on the replacement. Especially the dead ones who vote early & often.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Rahm is my guess as the next mayor of chicago. He is already rumored to be stepping down after the elections are over and this would be a nice highlight job for him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Yay for Rahm, let's get him in Office.

I dont see the benefits of Daley not running again. Atleast if he did, people would see the face of the enemy. Now a new guy, with undoubtedly Daley agenda will run, pretending to be something he isnt.

There isnt much hope for Chicago.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yay for Rahm, let's get him in Office.

I dont see the benefits of Daley not running again. Atleast if he did, people would see the face of the enemy. Now a new guy, with undoubtedly Daley agenda will run, pretending to be something he isnt.

There isnt much hope for Chicago.

He (whoever he is) won't need to pretend he's something he isn't to get elected. With the way the Chicago Machine works, he could probably execute someone on television and still get elected, if he's the "chosen" one of the Dems.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I "believe" the sucession after Daley 1 was. Bilandec, Byrne, Sawyer, and Washington, then Daley 2. None had the ability to pull the city together like the Daley's, Now all the get rich quick ideas like the parking meters have fallen on their butt. The school system CEO is the former head of the Chicago Transit Authority (a real qualification?). The schools, the gentrification projects, the taxes, and welfare fraud are REAL problems. It's all about the money. Daley 2 would love to run and beat his dads record. Rich Daley is privy to more info than we will ever know. He sees the hand writing on the wall, and he's jumping ship. Emanual won't run.
    '

Pretty sure Sawyer was after Washington died.

Top Bottom