• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Wow, I just came across this and I wonder if it has a chance...

LINK to PDF

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/downloads/pdf/blueprint_federal_action.pdf

Just some of the proposed changes in regulation include:

* Bans on the importation of "non-sporting use" firearms
    * Restructuring and expanding the authority of the radically anti-gun and out-of-control BATFE
    * Mandatory federal "lock-up your safety" regulations
    * Surprise "residency" checks on buyers who purchase multiple guns
    * REAL ID and biometric validation of firearms purchaser information
    * Increasing paperwork and hurdles for gun dealers to jump through

Bypass the lawmakers and do this by executive orders??

***If already posted delete, couldnt find it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't read the whole document, but I didn't see anything that I like. This is supposed to help prevent the purchase and trafficking of illegal guns, but it would place many restrictions on non-criminal gun owners.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    This is some spooky :poop: if true. I hope someone is more up to date on this crap. I was not worried until the 'executive order' stuff popped up.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    First time I've seen this. Seems to me the executive order deal might be pretty sticky as far as the 2nd A. The residency check looks like it would fail due to the 4th A. I could be wrong I will have to reread it. I hope one of the lawyers on this form could give a over view on this pdf.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg's (RINO) brainchild.

He got a bunch of other mayors to sign onto this bandwagon, many under false pretenses. To those various mayors who realized they were duped, immediately retracted their support for this program.

Bloomberg, under the guise of "enforcement", also sent uncover investigators illegally to various gun shops out of NY state and in an attempt to extort said gun shop owners, perform straw purchases.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I think you're right

He got a bunch of other mayors to sign onto this bandwagon, many under false pretenses. To those various mayors who realized they were duped, immediately retracted their support for this program.

Bloomberg, under the guise of "enforcement", also sent uncover investigators illegally to various gun shops out of NY state and in an attempt to extort said gun shop owners, perform straw purchases.

I think you're right Busch8899. There was an artical about it in American Rifleman magazine. Bloomberg used his usual underhanded tactics on the people he wanted to recruit. The man apparently thinks every mayor in the country is as arrogant and power-mad as he is. Many of them bailed as soon as they realized he'd flim-flammed them.

Seems like I recall a state not far from NY officially and publicly declared him and his henchmen unwelcome after they tried to make a number of straw purchases. Man pays others to go out of state to make illegal gun purchases! I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but that sounds like organized crime to me! :dunno:

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008

I thought Blomberg had officially changed party allegiance, so I did a quick google search. Turns out this is a complex issue. He described himself as a "lifelong Democrat" before running for Mayor of NY as a Republican. Since then, he has referred to himself as an independent.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter; he's a tool. What brand of tool doesn't matter much.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think you're right Busch8899. There was an artical about it in American Rifleman magazine. Bloomberg used his usual underhanded tactics on the people he wanted to recruit. The man apparently thinks every mayor in the country is as arrogant and power-mad as he is. Many of them bailed as soon as they realized he'd flim-flammed them.

Seems like I recall a state not far from NY officially and publicly declared him and his henchmen unwelcome after they tried to make a number of straw purchases. Man pays others to go out of state to make illegal gun purchases! I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but that sounds like organized crime to me! :dunno:

He is correct. Not only is it organized crime, but I think there would be conspiracy charges as well. Oh, and IIRC, the state was Virginia.

I thought Blomberg had officially changed party allegiance, so I did a quick google search. Turns out this is a complex issue. He described himself as a "lifelong Democrat" before running for Mayor of NY as a Republican. Since then, he has referred to himself as an independent.

I guess in the end it doesn't matter; he's a tool. What brand of tool doesn't matter much.

Pink(o) Bloomers is a "Craftsman". No matter how many times it breaks or becomes unserviceable, there's always another one waiting to take it's place.

Top Bottom