• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Who didn't see this coming? Oh, that's right. The people who support indefinite detention without trial. Now they want to be able to deny citizens their rights under the Constitution. As the article points out, just speaking your mind can get you put on their list, as it has other people. McCain's true colours are showing. He couldn't care less about human rights as long as his total war agenda is promoted. They just keep chipping away at the Constitution and eventually, nothing will be left.

McCain Proposes Indefinite Detention Without Trial for Citizens

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    wait.

what? Nothing to see here folks. It's all for your own safety. Now return to your homes before we have to use force.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the enemy belligerents act. yep, I called many senators to express my concern and outrage last year when this was introduced by lieberman and mccain. including their offices. the girl at mccains office was a ditz, but what do you expect for a 25K a year employee in d.c.?

this bill is VERY bad for America and could be the hair that breaks the camels back if passed. this bill crosses the bridge.

smokingman was the person who first posted about this last year.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He is showing why he was always the darling of the media (until he dared run against the chosen one). McCain has always been a progressive and never embraced by conservative republicans (lack of capitalization intentional). Unfortunately, the public at large seems to be embracing this sort of thing. Even more unfortunately the judicial branch has almost been completely taken over by people who think the Constitution says whatever they want it to, to produce the results they want.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Just realized this story was the bill from last year. Dated April 2010. I thought you were meaning they re-introduced it and/or it was a new bill.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I trust my government and I hate terrorists. Everything will be fine if we let them keep us safe. Stop asking so many questions.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So McCain wants to start filling concentration camps? At what point can citizens of the United States start holding recall elections for these...these... I can't even put a name to them, because I don't want to make Nazis look good!

Does McCain and the other unAmericans co-sponsoring the bill think that in this day and age, everyone will say "ok" and be lead away like sheep? How many unfortunate police or military personnel die on the homeland enforcing this anti-American, unconstitutional idea??

I am also amazed that as much as the news media hates republicans, this isn't all over the news!

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    Hum, Well maybe the news media don't hate the Republicans as much as we are led to believe. I think it is the Republicans who keep telling us this myth.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    On second thought, maybe he wants to try on us Americans what he learned from the North Vietnamese? Maybe they did brain wash him into believing that we, the Americans are the bad guys?

Maybe he got so screwed up during his years of captivity that he needs to leave office and retire to a nice home out in the desert!

Top Bottom