• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Not my first time in the store (my cousin, father, and myself have all purchased firearms from them), but definitely my last.

About 6 weeks ago I finished building my AR. It was time for me to get the handguards and mags that I needed to finish it up completely. The last few times I went into McGalliard Guns weren't promising. Refused to get me Glock parts... okay, I'll order online. No .308 bullets or large rifle primers... no biggie, I can understand that. Selling my father the wrong holster for the gun he bought there, then refusing to give him a refund... not okay. Since that incident I didn't stop in there much afterwards but decided to give them another try since a friend of mine told me they had stocked some AR accessories.

They didn't have what I wanted in stock but said they were making a big buy from MidwayUSA that very day and could order what I wanted. They said they'd get them for me for the price from the catalog and no shipping since they were ordering anyways. :yesway: I thought. We went through the catalog and they wrote down my name, phone number, the item numbers, etc. Said they'd be in no more than 2 weeks.

2 weeks go by and I haven't heard anything so I stopped in to see if my order was in yet. The guy said it wasn't and they'd call me when it arrived. No problem. About 4 weeks later (this past saturday) they call me and ask if anyone has contacted me about my order. "No sir". They said they'd call me Monday (yesterday) and let me know what was going on. "Okay". Low and behold, no phone call. I stopped in there first thing this morning to tell them to just cancel the order.

Poor customer service. If something is on backorder, just tell me. I completely understand if it is, but there's no reason to wait 6 weeks to contact a customer. Today is the last time I go there unless I need powder so bad that I cannot afford the time to drive down to Indy. :noway:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    It's best to order your own from Midway, it only takes me about 3 days to get orders from them. McGalliard guns is more like a pawnshop then a gun-shop.

I've ordered from Midway many times. However their shipping charges are usually outrageous, so if I can save the $21 for shipping, I'll do it. But I completely agree. It's just hard to find a gun store around Muncie anymore. I was really hoping they would turn it around. Even with their ridiculous prices, you can always haggle with them, but the one thing I can't stand is **** poor customer service.

Human's make mistakes. Businesses make mistakes. But it's how you handle those mistakes that will keep the customer coming back. I just made this thread to vent pretty much. Also to go along with the other threads about them that aren't good. Although there are others who have had nothing but good interactions with them. I just wish someone would open up a real gun shop in Muncie. I miss Ludco...

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I've ordered from Midway many times. However their shipping charges are usually outrageous, so if I can save the $21 for shipping, I'll do it. But I completely agree. It's just hard to find a gun store around Muncie anymore. I was really hoping they would turn it around. Even with their ridiculous prices, you can always haggle with them, but the one thing I can't stand is **** poor customer service.

Human's make mistakes. Businesses make mistakes. But it's how you handle those mistakes that will keep the customer coming back. I just made this thread to vent pretty much. Also to go along with the other threads about them that aren't good. Although there are others who have had nothing but good interactions with them. I just wish someone would open up a real gun shop in Muncie. I miss Ludco...

Ludco was a victim of his own greed. But you won't find another gun shop around that carried as many guns as he did. It takes years to build up such a big selection. Main problem these days is too many gun buyers. :D:D

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Ludco was a victim of his own greed. But you won't find another gun shop around that carried as many guns as he did. It takes years to build up such a big selection. Main problem these days is too many gun buyers. :D:D

:rockwoot:I'm just happy I fit into that group. :): But yes, Ludco was greedy, but he was a man of his word. I respect a man like that. When he had to order me a gun, he called 2 days later and said, "It's in, come get it". He wouldn't haggle, he wasn't the friendliest guy you'd ever meet, but he gave respect where respect was given. And like you said, he had so many guns he didn't even know what all he had :laugh:.

Someone needs to open up a real gun shop in Muncie. Hopefully someone on this forum will read this and be like, "hey that McGalliard place is awful, lets help these folks out".. :):

halffull

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Looking for a Gun Shop where the pepple are stright shooters, Men & Wemon of their Word?

35 Min to Hagerstown to Big Daddy's Guns & More.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I hate mcgalliards guns with a passion and refuse to do business with them. I give Rick at ricochet my business in Hartford city, it's a small shop but he works hard to get you the gun you want.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I hate mcgalliards guns with a passion and refuse to do business with them. I give Rick at ricochet my business in Hartford city, it's a small shop but he works hard to get you the gun you want.

Does Ricochet carry any reloading supplies? Hartford City isn't far away at all. IDK where Big Daddy's is, but my cousin talks about it. Might have to stop in there as well.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. :yesway:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    One in the same, I just get off at the Gas City exit.

I bought my Taurus PT58 SS from McDonald's this spring. He wheeled and dealed with me so I bought the gun from him. Actually I think I bought it because it was shiny and had wood grips. But I am always more inclined to buy when a place will make me a deal on the price. :):

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Being that we live in/around Muncie now this is my go-to gunshop.

They have some decent prices on a couple of used pieces. So far the sales staff is very friendly, and helpful as can be. Unfortunately that's about where the pleasantries stop. Their prices are very hit or miss, usually miss on the high side. Their sales staff is on the less-knowledgeable side from my experience, but they usually know enough to help you get what you need. They evidently don't like to negotiate on prices either, not even on used guns. I got them to knock a whole $20 off of a used handgun.

I realize it's unrealistic to expect every gunshop employee to have an encyclopedic knowledge of firearms, but when I go in looking for help or guidance I don't like it when I know more than the guy trying to help me.

So I'm 50/50 with them. I won't go out of my way to support them but I'm happy to give them business when it's convenient, and overall I'm happier that they've opened up a shop, rather than not.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I bought my Taurus PT58 SS from McDonald's this spring. He wheeled and dealed with me so I bought the gun from him. Actually I think I bought it because it was shiny and had wood grips. But I am always more inclined to buy when a place will make me a deal on the price. :):

I just bought a Colt Mustang from him. Guess we better stop hijacking this thread. :D

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    MvGalliard Guns'n'Stuff

is more like a gun-used-car-lot. Waaay hi prices. Won't deal. I did manage to order at a good price a few Glock accessories. Sorry, but their Main Man seems a lot more like Ron Jeremy in a cow-boy hat than a gun dealer. (Don't drop your soap!) They have two different books on gun-values: one for you to sell by, and another for them to buy from. They won't meet ANYBODY'S prices. (see page two, where they talked good prices for me, but still too loose≥)

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I bought my Ruger SP101 357 mag from McGalliard Guns back in February. I haggled with them on the price for the gun and a cheap holster. I ended up saving at least $70 or more from the marked price since we did an out the door price. It was a substantial savings over regular Ruger retail. At the time I bought the gun, I got it new for less than I had been seeing it used at the gun shows and LGS. Although I do believe the prices for the SP101's have come down some because I am now seeing used ones a lot cheaper than I had previously.

The guys in the store were very nice and friendly towards me. I will stop in again when I am in the area.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Good to see some people enjoy the place.

I however just got a voicemail from them on my phone. My handguards and "clips" are now in... :rolleyes: Obviously communication around their shop is as great as their customer service. :wallbash:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    They're not the worst gun shop I've ever been in, usually friendly but also usually don't have anything that I'm looking for. I don't blame them at all since they're just starting and competing with MC Sports (which actually has a really decent selection and sometimes really good sales).

In that area, I'm going to second visiting Big Daddy's, that was a really cool place with some really nice staff, really great selection and some *awesome* high-dollar pieces in the case right inside the door. Plus it's kind of a nice drive there, very pretty area.

As for Ludco, he'd been a family friend for over a decade. He taught me how to shoot when I was a kid out at the Farmland Conservation Club, and his store was quite an attraction. Sold me my first long gun, hand gun, heck even a paintball gun or two. To say I was disappointed when all that went down would be an understatement.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom