• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wonder if they really know very much at all about tyrannical governments? In their experience, most government action has probably seemed positive to them. I suspect they are socialized to believe most evil comes from outside the government (ie, the private sector).

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If she didn't know who Goebbels was then at best she was ignorant. If she did, she was insensitive and crass by giving credence to any Nazi as "wise". But apart from whether the reference to the Nazi was intentional or not, the fact is that she is still trying to pass off background checks as legitimate. It's the same old tired, failed, and arrogant argument from the libs.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    It really doesn't matter if she knew who Gobbels was (I could have been caught on that also, if brought to me out of context I think). If someone were being compared to a Nazi for some irrelevant reason (like their choice of wine, haircut,etc) it wouldn't matter.

What matters here is the subject at hand: that the government uses that excuse to gain power: that if you have nothing to hide you shouldn't mind the privacy violation. Very much like the patriot act and the recent NSA revelations, as well as gun registrations.

The WW2 history here is only a piece of understanding how this philosophy works.

Top Bottom