• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    who?! I won't go to their FB page. I like my b/p low

Question....what part of an elected officials job description says they have to interfere wit the free market.

MDA got me kicked off FB - so WHO? What senators? Where's this petition? Can we see it please?

Watts is so full of sh##.

She is well financed so don't write her off as just full of ****. The Senators include the 2 from CT and then Feinstein.

Connecticut Senators, Along With Feinstein, Directly Ask Kroger To Ban Open Carry In Their Stores | Concealed Nation

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It was just yesterday that the antis were whining about "hidden guns" and now they are whining about open carry.

I don't understand the fixation on Kroger. Why the fascination?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Ah, Feinstein. Of course. She could get reelected even if she were in prison or dead. Therein lies the problem.

Yes, Bloomberg employed her and gave her plenty of money to operate. She's a paid mouthpiece and she's good at stirring people up. I think she's the PETA of the gun battles. I think it hurts her more than helps her. People who are neutral about gun laws and carry laws generally agree she's a wacko, just like people who are generally neutral about hunting think PETA is wacko. I think the net change from Watts or PETA is zero.

The real danger on the hunting side is groups like HSUS, Defenders of Wildlife and Sierra Club. They continually scrub their image.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It was just yesterday that the antis were whining about "hidden guns" and now they are whining about open carry.

They're just picking a battle. Like Starbucks before. They're just a company with no official position so MDA is pushing for one. They will move on and pick another innocent company - want to start a pool who's next?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

We seem to live in a time when every person and corporation can be brought to heel by the lefty activists and their henchmen in the media. When someone doesn't bend to their will, there is great concern amongst the intelligentsia. What if others get the idea that they can just do as they please. Look at the efforts the left is going through right now on the Redskins word. The owner didn't collapse when confronted by the fascists so they must be made to pay the price. Same goes for Kroger in this fight.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    We seem to live in a time when every person and corporation can be brought to heel by the lefty activists and their henchmen in the media. When someone doesn't bend to their will, there is great concern amongst the intelligentsia. What if others get the idea that they can just do as they please. Look at the efforts the left is going through right now on the Redskins word. The owner didn't collapse when confronted by the fascists so they must be made to pay the price. Same goes for Kroger in this fight.

You make an interesting point. Is there one example where a "right wing" group has taken a business to task for a "right wing" agenda? Is this a left tactic only?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Was that ever a specific business targeted?...I seem to remember there was a pretty strong push against planned parenthood.

Probably not. But I'm sure somebody will come up with something just to prove both sides are guilty of the same tactic. And there were. But the big difference is those right-winged efforts were often mocked, ridiculed, and dismissed by the wizards-of-smart which is quite different than what we see happen with orgs such as mad moms.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Probably not. But I'm sure somebody will come up with something just to prove both sides are guilty of the same tactic. And there were. But the big difference is those right-winged efforts were often mocked, ridiculed, and dismissed by the wizards-of-smart which is quite different than what we see happen with orgs such as mad moms.

Yeah, I wish MDA could get the rolling eyes and SNL skits that PETA gets. They seem to be the HSUS of gun issues.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I believe in voting with your wallet where appropriate. I don't extend that to taking note of the opinions of the CEO or owner, if they give them outside of company business. But if I don't like a company policy, I may let them know why I am going elsewhere.

And if MDA were sincere, that's exactly what their members would do. Think about it. If the real problem of their leadership were the open carry, they'd make their statement and shop somewhere else. But they keep going back. I don't know Shannon Watts personally, but it appears to now be an ego battle carried on by minions. Ms Watts likely cares little about guns or no guns. She is like a politician who has become so engrossed in "winning" that she has lost sight of her original purpose (if she ever had one).

I think you can have more impact than a petition. Send an email including your Kroger card, stating when you were there and when you will be back. My Kroger card was worn out, so I went in for a new one and told the manager why I would be shopping at Kroger more. I grow most of our food, but have recently bought some at Costco and other stores. Costco has had a no firearms sign up for years (off to the side, I apparently shopped there for years before I noticed it. ) And I haven't set foot in Target since they caved to MDA.

One thing I still intend to do is use my Target red card for a "target" and then mail it in, explaining that I made one last use of the card since I don't shop there anymore.

I don't totally avoid these stores (I do admit Costco has a lot of good things going for it), but I consider the other options. I've saved some money since Starbucks and Target made their "don't bring your guns" announcements. I found out I can do without their stuff :)

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Kroger isn't standing up for us.
    They are trying their best to be neutral and not alienate either side. By not changing their policy and simply complying with law doesn't make them gun supporters, they have just chosen to not change based on a special interest group that doesn't like current laws.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Kroger isn't standing up for us.
    They are trying their best to be neutral and not alienate either side. By not changing their policy and simply complying with law doesn't make them gun supporters, they have just chosen to not change based on a special interest group that doesn't like current laws.

Oh come now... they are obviously trying to encourage some long gun OC demonstrations inside their stores.

Top Bottom