• ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Tucanos Brazilian Grill

It sounds like a place like Fogo De Chao, but the price is considerably lower... For those that haven't experienced Fogo, if you don't leave there with meat sweats, you've done something terribly wrong. Servers dressed as Brazilian cowboys walk around with skewers of steak. If you have your little card turned on the green side, they'll keep stopping at your table giving you more and more delicious meat. And their salad bar ain't half bad.

It says their is a Tucanos in Fort Wayne. Anyone been? How is it? :cool:

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Went to the one in Ft. Wayne a couple of weeks ago, very busy and a long wait to get a table. It was more like a buffet on steroids to me, the salad bar was pretty good and had some unique choices on it, hard boiled Quail eggs were different for sure. There were plenty of meat choices but they didn't have much on the skewers and most of the time once they got to our table it was gone. There were several tables that had 6-8 people at them and they would take everything that walked by. Over all it wasn't bad and I only went because I had 2 gift cards from Christmas but only used one so I will go back again sometime to use the other one, not sure I would go back if I didn't have another card.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The Fogo in Indy is awesome and expensive. I have yet to hear of anyone having a bad time there in anyway, quality or quantity. We are planning another trip during the "Devour Downtown" special.

When we went we had no wait and over ate on 8 different kinds of meat, all wonderful and plentiful.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Went to the one in Ft. Wayne a couple of weeks ago, very busy and a long wait to get a table. It was more like a buffet on steroids to me, the salad bar was pretty good and had some unique choices on it, hard boiled Quail eggs were different for sure. There were plenty of meat choices but they didn't have much on the skewers and most of the time once they got to our table it was gone. There were several tables that had 6-8 people at them and they would take everything that walked by. Over all it wasn't bad and I only went because I had 2 gift cards from Christmas but only used one so I will go back again sometime to use the other one, not sure I would go back if I didn't have another card.

Never had quail eggs; I'd give one a try. Was the meat pretty tastey?

The dudes at Fogo are good about working the room. You'll see em go flying by to get to the front of the room with more tastey meat. During Devour, which is when I go, they charge $38 which is still a lot more than Tucanos ($50 normally at Fogo, dessert not included). Their service is top notch, as it should be. I always make reservation for a Saturday evening when Devour is announced.

I have a feeling the Noblesville joint will be packed too. But I'd still like to try it some day.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I thought that name looked familier. I've been the one in Albuquerque and it was the first time eating at this style of restaurant, although it was many years ago. From what I remember it was pretty good.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Fogo de Chao means something like Fire and Earth (or Stone or something).

Basically it could mean "the Endless freaking Cow"... ;)

Haven't tried the other restaurants of the same type - Fogo is expensive - but a solid bet. Never had a bad meal there. Best looking salad bar that I never visited. :D

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Never had quail eggs; I'd give one a try. Was the meat pretty tastey?

The dudes at Fogo are good about working the room. You'll see em go flying by to get to the front of the room with more tastey meat. During Devour, which is when I go, they charge $38 which is still a lot more than Tucanos ($50 normally at Fogo, dessert not included). Their service is top notch, as it should be. I always make reservation for a Saturday evening when Devour is announced.

I have a feeling the Noblesville joint will be packed too. But I'd still like to try it some day.

The Quail eggs had a creamy yolk that was like soft butter, the meat was good but they only give you about two bites worth and your constantly trying to flag down another server to get more.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    $48 bucks a head on a regular night is NOT expensive for all you can stuff in your hole! That includes everything but a drink. Who eats dessert at a meat orgy? Fogo's salad bar is second to none, all the sides come with the price, drink water and it's $120 per couple with tip. Can't do that at St. Elmo's or Ruth's Chris when you add on sides etc.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Went tonight, to Fogo, for the last Saturday of Devour. The joint was packed. We got there at 4 and were sat in a very back room that I didn't know existed. The service was perfect. Towards the end we were asked if we had missed anything and one of my friends requested the bacon wrapped filet nuggets. I didn't even realize the waiter had left the room and we had a guy show up with regular filet followed by a guy with the bacon wrapped nuggets about a minute later. How can you beat that? On the way out, it looked like every single table was full and they still have enough staff to keep service up. Yea we spend $50 with tip, but for a twice yearly treat it really is worth it.

I sure hope Tucanos can come close. It'd be a bargain!

Top Bottom