• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anybody have any first hand experience with this model?Looking for a dedicated slug 00 buck 12 gauge machine.Ive looked at the Ballistic Products roll crimper also,I've got four MECs on my bench but they are dedicated for skeet.I recently acquired a Saiga12 and with all that's been done it's still finicky on the low brass stuff bulk or my own reloads so seeking help from another member who either has had thie issue with said weapon or on the press itself as if it's hi brass it's like a kid in the candy store,any input appreciated :ingo:

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    If you are having trouble loading rounds into the chamber or ejecting the problems I found are 1. cheap shells are just that. The steel bases expand a little and most are just brass plated, I had to reload once fired and use them one time in my 870 and 887 them switch them to my O/U. 2 The bolt was not properly lubricated and I had a few fail to extract. After a good cleaning and a few drop of oil on the bolt and extractor before using, no problems. 3. I resize on my mec 9000 and use my 650 for reloading hunting and shoot off rounds. It is just easier to set up on the single stage. I started buying Federal Premium Gold Medal for my pumps and reloading those doesn't seem to be a problem. Federal Golds are a medium brass. On my machines I have found it is usually the resizer with the problems. I had to take them apart and clean them and adjust them so that the bases came out right. I also have a Lyman's reloading manual that spells out how to load slugs and 00 buck and has a problem shooting guide for mec reloaders.

Top Bottom