• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    okay really like how lyman green corn cob clean my brass but i'm tired of picking out of the primer pocket and flash hole. What is good that i wont have to clean out of primer pocket. Thanks

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I only tumble my fired brass. My pistol brass goes directly through the reloading process afterward.

After tumbling, rifle brass gets lubed, resized, then is washed in simple green and hot water and rinsed thoroughly before being left to dry for 2 or 3 days. It won't see the tumbler and media again.

Match ammo is weighed and segregated for the 300, 600, and 1000 yard lines, primed and loaded.

No danger of plugged flash holes.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    okay really like how lyman green corn cob clean my brass but i'm tired of picking out of the primer pocket and flash hole. What is good that i wont have to clean out of primer pocket. Thanks

I tumble before I deprime, empty media outta the brass,run through the deprimer it knocks the primer out and cleans the media out of the flash hole Kenny

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

Dont know what your issue is... i use lyman corn cob media and have NON that sticks in the flash hole.... are you using a seperator?

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    got the sifter type that goes on the top of tumbler you dump into. still get alot of pockets packed full even let brass sit in the pan with it running after media is out and let them bounce in the pan

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    got the sifter type that goes on the top of tumbler you dump into. still get alot of pockets packed full even let brass sit in the pan with it running after media is out and let them bounce in the pan

maybe try a rotary seperator... works for me.... or you could try violently shaking the sifter..... all of the casings need to be flipped end over end at least 4 or 5 times while banging into each other in order to get the media out.... i also dont polish unprimed brass very often.....

do you have an air compressor? if so maybe you could just hold the cases and blow some high pressure air into them to get the stuff out so you dont have to poke it all out by hand:dunno:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    of course the easy answer is to only tumble brass with the spent primer in them and then when you resize and deprime it will clear your flash hole.

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    i run them thru quick then deprime and size then let them run again for a while to clean primer pocket that way i don't have to brush them by hand. Do you not mess with cleaning the primer pocket?
    Thanks

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i run them thru quick then deprime and size then let them run again for a while to clean primer pocket that way i don't have to brush them by hand. Do you not mess with cleaning the primer pocket?
    Thanks

i wouldnt worry about depriming first before tumbling.... its a waste of time... if the primer pockets get so dirty you cant seat a new primer then deprime clean the pockets then tumble.... otherwise you are just putting excess wear on your resizing die.....

Top Bottom