• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Wife was an OR nurse on the weekends at Methodist for 9 years. She recently took a coordinator position during the week to have more time with the family. I know she misses the weekend gig. Weekend OR is not generally scheduled surgeries. It's the bad stuff, anything you can think of she has probably seen it. I have learned that nurses and doctors have a jacked up sense of humor. Probably helps with the high strees situations.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Past medical related jobs....legal assistant to an attorney who did all Medical Malpractice defense work. That was interesting...very interesting.

Moved on to medical staff services at a hospital verifying credentials for physicians, nurse practitioners, surgical assistants. That was also a very interesting job but I got tired of the administrative crap. I have never been good at kissing up to people and apparently am not a "team player"....or so I was told.

Last medical related position was transcription for a mental health facility. I never knew WHAT I was going to be typing about and found it to be sometimes rather depressing.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    My wife is and has been an RN for 25 years. She now hates every minute of it. Still gives her best to the patients, but management and all the other BS associated with Obamacare, paperwork, has her beat down. The other day she walked into a room to give a patient a shot. There were 5 family members there and one of them asked her to change the TV channel. Really?

She is at the top of her game and making to much money just to walk away. I feel sad for her some days.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    EMT-B since 02. Don't work on an ambulance, but respond frequently while on duty for the Sheriffs Dept. Got my cert as a tactical trauma for LE instructor a couple years ago.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    EMT-B since 02. Don't work on an ambulance, but respond frequently while on duty for the Sheriffs Dept. Got my cert as a tactical trauma for LE instructor a couple years ago.

I went to EMT school with a bunch of ISP troopers that needed their EMT to teach tactical trama.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My daughter works as a nurses aid (or something) at iu med center currently and is looking at career options (paramedic being one of them).
    I seem to recall that ride alongs are possible? Who should one contact in the metro indy area (or hendricks co. would be an option also) to set something like that up?

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    try contacting. IEMS Headquarters.
    They do most all of the 911 response to Marrion county (Indianapolis)

i know they changed their ride-along qualifications about a year ago. But if she is a student or has a cert in medical, I think they will allow her to do a ride or 2.

I got got my start that way., mane have t looked back since. - David

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just saw this thread for the first time. The amount of medical training we have here is pretty cool....logical and cool.

I'm not in the medical field, but if you've ever wondered what benefit you get from all those malpractice premiums, look no further.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OOOHH... My bad. You mumbled a bit when we met, thought you said "genital dentist". Ignore my snapchat

i should chime in that I'm an ER doc on the south side.

Don't let this guy lie to you. I've met him. I wouldn't really call him a doc. More of a comedian. :P

I've been an EMT-Basic for 4 years, just recerted and then a few months later go my EMT-Advanced. Looking to eventually get my paramedic.

Top Bottom