• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Yes, it would be better if 0% paid income tax. The federal government was never meant to be all things to all people. It was meant to lead in times of war, keep commerce open between the states and handle mail and be ignored the rest of the time. Pretty much everything else has been haphazardly grafted on to it to the detriment of the nation.
    Well unfortunately the way it is set up income tax is part of our lives. If some have to pay, all should have to pay. Then maybe there would be more of a push to get gummint back to where it should be (which would get back to not needing income taxes to fund everything).

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    So, it would be ok to pay them if it was just a part time job?

:scratch:

No, they shouldn't be paid at all. It takes out the all the BS that they spew for their gain if they werent gaining anything from it. Politicians do not need to be a full time job.

I don't really see what you're getting at with all your questions you seem to be *****-footing around looking for an argument today.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    You have 3 pots. Pot A contains $1000 and pots B and C contain nothing. You take $200 out of pot A and put it in pot B. You take all $200 out of pot B and put it into pot C. Now, you take $40 out of pot C and put it back into pot B. Now the pots contain the following.

Pot A = $1800
    Pot B = $40
    Pot C = $160

Which pot gained the most, which pot gained the least, and which pot lost? Now please explain to me how pot C contributed to anything.

Where did pot a get the extra 1000 dollars from or is that a typo?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Head of CIA, director of this and that, SEC DEF, etc.

Who are they appointed by?

Look at it this way. If they are pushing legislation regarding our liberties and aren't associated with any Military branch, LEO agency, homeland security...etc then no pay.

Congressman/women, Presidents, Mayors, Governors.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    So, people in the military, homeland, LE, get to push legislation regarding our liberties? Just making sure I read that right.

Also, who gets to decide how much people in government are paid?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    So, people in the military, homeland, LE, get to push legislation regarding our liberties? Just making sure I read that right.

Also, who gets to decide how much people in government are paid?

You really are looking for an argument aren't you...

People in military, hls..etc don't get to push legislation.

Politicians should only meet 4 times a year and get to decide (after talking with constituents) decide what our soldiers etc get paid. However, those politicians shouldn't recieve a pay check.

Now stop reading into this more than what there is. You seem to be very upset about something but offer nothing but pointless questions.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    People in the military don't push legislation? You might want to revisit that.

Do people in LE, Homeland, Health and Human services, etc push legislation?

You know, technically the president can't propose legislation either, right?

I'm not reading anything into anything. I'm just taking you at your word, and trying to clarify your position since you are the one who stated that some positions in government do not merit compensation.

Also, I'm still unclear on what we hope to accmplish by having congress only meet quarterly, without pay.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    People in the military don't push legislation? You might want to revisit that.

Do people in LE, Homeland, Health and Human services, etc push legislation?

You know, technically the president can't propose legislation either, right?

I'm not reading anything into anything. I'm just taking you at your word, and trying to clarify your position since you are the one who stated that some positions in government do not merit compensation.

Also, I'm still unclear on what we hope to accmplish by having congress only meet quarterly, without pay.

Less bull****.

Top Bottom