"Meh." I'm Not That Impressed by the Knife or Brand That You Think is Awesome.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The norseman are OK..... Shirogorovs are WAY better flipper try one or the MRBS ones they are smooth as glass. But then we are talking about a $1000 custom OMG!!! And I use all my knives as well even my customs.

And Vigilant I can see the Chaves Meh but well my custom was pretty sweet and cant wait to get #135.
    I though you gave up on Chavez because he was late?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I though you gave up on Chavez because he was late?

I am still a little bit pissed but at the same time the last custom I had worked out really well for me.... So I figure it would be stupid to pass this one up. I shall continue waiting. I think he is making customs again as this months club knife is a full on custom.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Actually that is my genuine feelings towards Strider knives. I've owned a few and still own an SA-L and a PR. They are nice looking pry bars but if I want a pry bar I'll buy a pry bar. As a knife they leave something to be desired.

Ditto.

That's my feeling about Busse even more so. Current production isn't as bad as what he used to do, but they're still too thick.

Double Meh.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Ditto.

That's my feeling about Busse even more so. Current production isn't as bad as what he used to do, but they're still too thick.

Double Meh.

Give me a couple examples of fixed blades you do like and I'll show you Busse's or kin that compare in size and will most likely go up in value. ;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The way things are going with the flippers, I may as well just go strait for a Shirogorov or RJ Martin and be done with it.

The norseman are OK..... Shirogorovs are WAY better flipper try one or the MRBS ones they are smooth as glass. But then we are talking about a $1000 custom OMG!!! And I use all my knives as well even my customs.

And Vigilant I can see the Chaves Meh but well my custom was pretty sweet and cant wait to get #135.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Give me a couple examples of fixed blades you do like and I'll show you Busse's or kin that compare in size and will most likely go up in value. ;)

This wasn't intended to be a debate topic, but since you asked ... I don't care about collector value. I care about how well a knife cuts stuff. In my opinion (which I've expressed many times here and elsewhere) is that most Busses are too thick to be efficient cutting tools. It's that simple. Are they cool? Sure! Do people love them? Obviously. So what? My opinion shouldn't affect your feelings about your impressive collection. You like them and they suit your needs. It's that simple.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Damn guys......you aren't leaving me anything I can sell. :):

On the bright side, since I failed to specify that the Mehs weren't supposed to be ironic or sarcastic, no one really knows if the Mehs are expressing indifference or are actually an endorsement!

Except for my clearly labeled sarcastic Mehs about the late masters, Bob Loveless, Bill Moran, etc.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    This wasn't intended to be a debate topic, but since you asked ... I don't care about collector value. I care about how well a knife cuts stuff. In my opinion (which I've expressed many times here and elsewhere) is that most Busses are too thick to be efficient cutting tools. It's that simple. Are they cool? Sure! Do people love them? Obviously. So what? My opinion shouldn't affect your feelings about your impressive collection. You like them and they suit your needs. It's that simple.

OK, so, again, name the knives you do like and I'll show you what you're choosing to ignore.

Also, your opinion doesn't affect me one bit but I'm willing to bet you haven't even used them enough for that opinion to be accurate.

Meh

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It must speak volumes that no one listed brkt.... I have all but pulled the trigger on a gunny. I am unsure if I am trying to talk myself into or out of the purchase.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    OK, so, again, name the knives you do like and I'll show you what you're choosing to ignore.

Also, your opinion doesn't affect me one bit but I'm willing to bet you haven't even used them enough for that opinion to be accurate.

Meh

That's amusing.

Top Bottom