• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    In my 11 years of marriage, me helping more around the house makes her life a little easier. This inturn keeps her happy with me and I can buy more guns and still get lucky.

Well said sir!!!

When I'm not working OT. I try to do my Mr.mom duties around the house and that usually translates in more action in the bedroom.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    This guy needs a real beer.

This may explain things.

french-maid-costume-halloween.jpg
    Just wow. Wow. Wow. Looks like he lost the photo album in the divorce.

cotter999

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    agreed

I agree with this statement. We are starting to do more indoors. What happened to the good old days when the outdoors was our domain and the inside was theirs?

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    My wife expects me to do chores around the house and then complains that its not done her way. But if something breaks, she won't give the slightest effort to fix it. One day she told me the toilet flush handle wasn't working. I pulled the lid off and the nut that holds the handle in place was off. She couldn't even bother to look.

The problem it seems is that some women expect their men to expand their role while not expanding their own.

I pulled the entire ice maker out of the freezer a few days ago and fixed it myself! About the only inside house chore I ever ask him to do, besides fixing stuff, is scrub the rust out of the damned shower and clean the scum off the doors since he is big enough to lift them out of their track without breaking them.

I'm in grad school, so I'm not working. He works. So I do inside chores, and he does outside stuff once the summer comes and fixes the cars. I hate traditional roles, but I can't complain since I'm the one not working despite it being so that I can go to med school and make it so that he no longer has to work his god awful job that's already affecting his health at 29.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I pulled the entire ice maker out of the freezer a few days ago and fixed it myself! About the only inside house chore I ever ask him to do, besides fixing stuff, is scrub the rust out of the damned shower and clean the scum off the doors since he is big enough to lift them out of their track without breaking them.

I'm in grad school, so I'm not working. He works. So I do inside chores, and he does outside stuff once the summer comes and fixes the cars. I hate traditional roles, but I can't complain since I'm the one not working despite it being so that I can go to med school and make it so that he no longer has to work his god awful job that's already affecting his health at 29.

My ice maker is broken and I do not want to fix it (refrigeration tech...LOL)
    so if you come and fix mine I will sweep, dust and take out your trash...Deal

Edit...I would as soon buy a new refrigerator as work on those ice makers...hate-em.
    You are my hero.....................:):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I wish my wife had a future career. She's a lunch lady and works 27 hours a week. I made 6 times what she did last year.

My day: get up at 4, leave by 5 and get home at almost 3. In 2009, i worked almost 900 hours of over time. Its not uncommon for me to work saturdays even when work is slow. I then spend an average of an hour a day helping my daughter with her homework because WWIII breaks out every time my wife does it.

Her day: get up at 5:30, leave by 7:30 and home by 1:30. She doesn't clean the house. She prepares daily for a surprise inspection by Martha Stewart. No sympathy from me on how long it takes her to clean the house.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Edit...I would as soon buy a new refrigerator as work on those ice makers...hate-em.

When you fix stuff all day at work, you don't want to come home to a wife nagging at you to fix this and that.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy

Deal! :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Forgot to say earlier. My favorite line from Penny on The Big Bang Theory. She just came out of Leonard and Sheldon's bathroom after killing a spider and said I don't mind killing the big ones but you have to at least try with the little ones.

I deal with people everyday that can't think their way out of a wall less maze. It burns my ass when my wife won't even try. Kudos to you for tackling a job that you didn't know how to do. It's amazing what we can learn when we try.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Forgot to say earlier. My favorite line from Penny on The Big Bang Theory. She just came out of Leonard and Sheldon's bathroom after killing a spider and said I don't mind killing the big ones but you have to at least try with the little ones.

I deal with people everyday that can't think their way out of a wall less maze. It burns my ass when my wife won't even try. Kudos to you for tackling a job that you didn't know how to do. It's amazing what we can learn when we try.

lol

I'm not going to lie. I asked him to fix it a couple of times first. Then I was tired of not having any ice to put in my water, so I got his Snap-On multi-bit tool out and did it myself. I froze my hands off, but it was making ice again by the time he got home. :D

Top Bottom