• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    For the past few weeks I have been researching a backup shotgun. Back in 2015 or 2016, I purchased a VEPR-12 with the original folding stock.
    Since the original purchase, I have removed the tack weld from the stock, added a aluminum forend with picatinny rail, purchased 4 Russian 8 round magazines and a 25 round drum. The VEPR-12 has less than 50 rounds down the barrel. Powers that be and restrictions that have since been put in place, the value of the VEPR-12 has increased. The VEPR-12 doesn't have a choke system (SMG makes chokes, but I don't own them).
    The VEPR-12 is rock solid and absolutely a blast to shoot. Quality and simplicity of the AK platform. SHTF, the VEPR-12 will be used. Hell with the value. Home defense is highest priority. That being said....

I wanted something that could be used more frequently, for both home and hunting purposes. Something that has common parts available and can be warranty repaired as needed.
    After doing research on multiple different brands, the pros and cons of each, I made the decision.
    I traded in a never used FN9 and a seldom used Taurus 942 revolver at FourGuns in Lafayette.
    I ordered the Winchester Super SX4 Turkey with Cantilever 12 Gauge. I expect the shotgun will arrive end of this week or next week.
    Midway USA sold me an extended magazine tube (Carlson's) and the Browning Invector Plus Extended Choke Tubes (IC and IM) which will meet my needs.
    Yeah, Merry Christmas to me!

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I don’t know about the SX4, but my old SX2 is a great gun. Killed a few turkeys. Even better now that the tacky, peeling camo stock finish was redone on Winchester’s dime last summer.

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    Awesome, Merry Christmas to you indeed. Sounds quite a bit more practical than your VEPR to be sure. I have heard some really favorable opinions about the SX line from hunting buddies. Hope you find it suits your needs

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom