• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    After the ATI 6-position folding stock got shot down in my other thread, I decided to stop by Tactical Shotgunner to see what other options there were.

Now I have my eye on the LEO adapter from Mesa Tactical for my Mossberg 590, but I'm not sure whether I want to buy the parts as a kit (adapter, grip, and buttstock) or get them separately.

I like the Hogue grip, so I guess I'm really just looking at buttstocks. Are there any out there (for less than $90) that are considerably better than the one that comes from Mesa?

And who makes the best recoil pad for AR-15 style stocks?

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    After the ATI 6-position folding stock got shot down in my other thread, I decided to stop by Tactical Shotgunner to see what other options there were.

Now I have my eye on the LEO adapter from Mesa Tactical for my Mossberg 590, but I'm not sure whether I want to buy the parts as a kit (adapter, grip, and buttstock) or get them separately.

I like the Hogue grip, so I guess I'm really just looking at buttstocks. Are there any out there (for less than $90) that are considerably better than the one that comes from Mesa?

And who makes the best recoil pad for AR-15 style stocks?

Go with the Mesa kit, and if you buy it from Ron @ TSG I believe they still come with the buttpad.....

Here are 2 that he set me and my son up with on our 870s:

TscShotties005.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Last edited:

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    I was hoping to get the buffer extension tube along with the buttstock for less than $90. It looks like I might just stick with the Mesa kit to save some money.

As for recoil pads, the Tapco T6 Recoil Pad seems to get good reviews on several sites.

ive got a spec ops stock on my Mossberg, i love it
    I shouldered the spec ops stock, and I didn't really like it. The Hogue pistol grip on the Mesa assembly was a lot more comfortable too.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Sorry for a bit of TD, but why do you have the brass pointing upwards in the side saddles? Do you pull shells from over the top and feed, or do you flip the gun over (lifter up) and pull them down and then stuff them?

Just curious.

Good eye grasshopper.... actually the teenager put them in for the pics and I didnt notice until uploading the pics last fall..... some new pics are needed with the shells in upside down and the UERT slings on !!!

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Just a heads up we are going to start pulling in the Magpul stock now and then for builds as well as store stock. We are currently sticking with the Mesa stocks for most builds as they as Milspec and to date rather durable.

Top Bottom