• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Anybody running one? I am considering getting one to run 5.45x39, 7.62x39, shrike, 5.56, 9mm,and maybe .308.

Main reason for considering is to be able to run multiple calibers without having to swap m16 fcg all the time. What are the thoughts on this system?

What uppers would you all run? The mgi system or standard uppers? Am I going to have to swap out springs and buffers too? It would be nice to be able to take 1 gun and several uppers instead of all the different guns to the range.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Pretty sure UziButton runs an RDIAS in an MGI lower. I'm sure he'll chime in and have plenty of sweet pics to go along with it.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Anybody running one? I am considering getting one to run 5.45x39, 7.62x39, shrike, 5.56, 9mm,and maybe .308.
    I am surprised you dont want it in .22lr as well...
    [video=youtube;_cQ877wzUhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cQ877wzUhM[/video]

What are the thoughts on this system?
    If you already have a RDIAS then this is one of the best ways to squeeze the most utility out of one platform. Multi-caliber capabilities enable you to feed it the cheapest and/or most readily available ammo at the time. This may be a primary concern in times when ammo prices are elevated above the norm.
    AR76201.jpg

What uppers would you all run? The mgi system or standard uppers?
    I just run the uppers that I built.

Am I going to have to swap out springs and buffers too?
    With all the configurations you listed, the probability that you will have to swap out springs and buffers is high. However, I run 5.56, 5.45, 7.62x39, and 22lr and I do not have to change springs or buffers.

It would be nice to be able to take 1 gun and several uppers instead of all the different guns to the range.
    That is my thought as well.

Top Bottom