• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Can't they go try to solve some real problems? They're wasting everyone's time with these go nowhere proposals.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can't they go try to solve some real problems? They're wasting everyone's time with these go nowhere proposals.
    It's a fundamental progressive ideal. Citizens shouldn't be armed. They can't stop pursuing that any more than we can stop fighting it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "we arent coming to take away your guns!"

No but they are lighting a stick of dynamite that we were holding. "Citizen, I am not making you throw away that stick of dynamite."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This crap never ends. We go to work and try to do our best, they look for ways to ban guns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They will keep going at it, unless it is made to be a "third rail" choice. They will only stop, when they lose every election after mentioning gun control.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From the article...

"The bill defines an assault weapon as a semiautomatic pistol or semiautomatic or pump-action rifle capable of using detachable magazines, trigger pistol grips, shoulder stocks, barrel shrouds, muzzle brakes or commentators, and shotguns with detachable magazines or revolving cylinders."

That's a new one to me.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    from article said:
    New legislation introduced by Michigan Democrats seeks to make it a felony to own weapons defined as assault weapons.

According to this, we would become instant felons because we have owned a so-called "assault weapon" as defined by this moron? If so, someone will take that to the extreme and say since I am a felon, I might as well earn it and use the weapons as part of my belief in the constitution.

Yep, really smart suddenly turning a few million firearm owners into instant felons.

I doubt this bit would even make it out of committee even with a democrat congress.

from article said:
    There are some exceptions for people who owned an assault weapon before the proposed law's effective date, including annual registration with state police.

But I am sure that this would never lead to them going through the registration to change the "exception".

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    My prediction is that if Hillary wins this election, we will see a new and improved AWB put in place. Now, these particulars will not be as restrictive as the anti-gun establishment would originally want...it will get cut back some in Congress, even if the left gets the Senate back, but they will get a law made just the same.

I can see the old 2013 AWB being passed. In that one, pretty much the biggest restrictions were on detachable magazines. Basically, as I am sure you all know, anything over 10 rounds would be illegal to manufacture and posses.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My prediction is that if Hillary wins this election, we will see a new and improved AWB put in place. Now, these particulars will not be as restrictive as the anti-gun establishment would originally want...it will get cut back some in Congress, even if the left gets the Senate back, but they will get a law made just the same.

I can see the old 2013 AWB being passed. In that one, pretty much the biggest restrictions were on detachable magazines. Basically, as I am sure you all know, anything over 10 rounds would be illegal to manufacture and posses.

And she will use the words "mandate from the people", even if she wins by 1 vote.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    If this were to actually pass I'd expect to see a mass exodus from our neighbor to the north. Especially within an hour driving time of the shared border.

I'd also expect gun owners in Michigan to go full on Spartan...Molon Labe.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hey, why should a gun owner ever have a pang of conscience about allowing, through either action or inaction, Hillary Clinton to gain the presidency?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Locals trying to get noticed by the incoming administration, maybe she'll throw them a bone.

Top Bottom