• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Picked up a Kestral and a Vector recently, need a new picture now. I will get that done tomorow. Maybe this time I will just show off all of my auto's. See, I use a cane and well, don't move very fast any loner and an auto makes my life a lot easier when I need a knife to open a package or cut a string or even at time when the restaraunt's knives are dull... :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    These just showed up yesterday. :)

Microtech Combat Troodon - OD Green Handle with Bronze Finish Hardware & Pocket Clip, Bronze Apocalyptic Finish (Elmax) Tanto Blade

DSC01249_zpsnftw89p7.jpg

DSC01250_zpslrpbyddz.jpg

Microtech LUDT - Grey Handle, Apocalyptic Finish (Elmax) Blade.

DSC01251_zpsxaqgdqw1.jpg

DSC01252_zpsdsc9dqva.jpg

Microtech LUDT - OD Green Handle with Bronze Finish Hardware & Pocket Clip, Bronze (non Apocalyptic) Finish (Elmax) Blade

DSC01253_zpsbsyoswbl.jpg

DSC01254_zpsbsvtdabm.jpg

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So I just had a local guy make a Kydex neck break for my UT-X85 and he made 2 to experiment with fit and finish.

dSgN6n2h.jpg

FFymk4nh.jpg

V85WhIDh.jpg

I'm super happy with the way they came out. As you can see it holds on via the trigger and covers it and the opening of the pocket clip so it wont snag anything and get pulled off.
    The only differenct between the two was the thickness of kydex he used to make them.

They both came out great but I really only need one, so if anyone needs the other... say $10 to cover shipping it to you.

ndredsox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Avon
    Jedi Knight Ultratech just arrived today...almost too pretty to carry. Will stick with the UTX-85 for now.

Question though - Does anyone use a LUDT as an EDC? How is it holding up? Really want to pick one up, but don't want another safe knife that I am too scared to carry/use.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Jedi Knight Ultratech just arrived today...almost too pretty to carry. Will stick with the UTX-85 for now.

Question though - Does anyone use a LUDT as an EDC? How is it holding up? Really want to pick one up, but don't want another safe knife that I am too scared to carry/use.

I cannot get myself to use "Special Edition" Microtechs either, that being said my standard production stuff I use all the time. Just get an LUDT with the Apocalyptic finish it really hides wear and use well so you will not notice every little mark. The LUDT I have (the Jedi Master) is an awesome knife and would make a fantastic EDC and standard models can be found for $200 easily.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Very nice pieces Warthog!!!
    Still looking for these as Auto's but for now I am good. Need time to build up some money first.
    Thanks for the heads up on these Dean. Really, I love them and these may well be the only Microtech's I can carry and forget I am going to IL which happens now and then as my folks summer there and I have a friends or two there yet I visit.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I want an Apocalyptic Finish Microtech for my birthday, 25OCT, but will have to wait and see if my folks send me any money.
    That's the traditional gift since they haven't any idea what I like due to lack of interest. :crying:

Works for me! :happybday:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Microtech23JUL16.jpg

I really think these are the best of the best of the automatics and if ever anyone feels they want to sell a hawkbill side opener or wharnie OTF or any blade of this type, especially a Microtech, please let me know via PM.

Warthog, what model is the smaller one on the right? I'm looking for a drop edge blade partial serrated.

Thanks.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Warthog, what model is the smaller one on the right? I'm looking for a drop edge blade partial serrated.

Thanks.

That is a UTX-70 model. Microtech has not made any UTX-70 models for 3 or 4 months. It's not discontinued, so they (Microtech) will eventually get back to making them. You may be able to find some old new stock available.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    That is a UTX-70 model. Microtech has not made any UTX-70 models for 3 or 4 months. It's not discontinued, so they (Microtech) will eventually get back to making them. You may be able to find some old new stock available.

Thanks Brad. Do they 'lock open/out' at all when extended? I mean, could you pierce into an apple and cut it without it retracting?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Thanks Brad. Do they 'lock open/out' at all when extended? I mean, could you pierce into an apple and cut it without it retracting?

Absolutely, the lock up on all Microtech OTF knives are very strong. I have never heard of one failing, I not saying it can't happen, but it's probably no more likely than any other type of locking mechanisms used in other knife designs. Somewhere on the internet is a video of the owner (Tony Marfione) taking one of his larger OTF models and pounding it through a 55 gallon steel drum showing how strong the lock up design is for Microtech OTF knives. I can't seem to find the video, but I have a few pictures from it....see below.

butStOD.jpg

dwgYgbG.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom