• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The police said:

Miami Police Department Major Delrish Moss said there was no need for concern. "A lot of people have called in a panic. There is no need to panic. These operations are quiet, they are efficient, and they are fast," he said.

If the operations are so quiet. why did these people not simply sleep through them unaware that they were happening, especially between 0100 and 0300 when most people have their soundest sleep?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    With all the Federal lands, you'd think DHS could build a faux city somewhere on them and let these "exercises" take place there.

Hell, imagine the job growth if the Feds decided to build a full size, fully functioning city where nothing existed! They could even really blow it all to hell, and continue the employment of those people by having them rebuild it.

Dumb asses...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With all the Federal lands, you'd think DHS could build a faux city somewhere on them and let these "exercises" take place there.

Hell, imagine the job growth if the Feds decided to build a full size, fully functioning city where nothing existed! They could even really blow it all to hell, and continue the employment of those people by having them rebuild it.

Dumb asses...

They have those already. They're called MOUT sites.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    why wouldnt they announce it ahead of time and just declare the area off limits or something instead of freaking folks out?

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Clearly it's the Anti American Military training to capture and kill civilians, that's all it could be!

No chance it's our hero's that have likely served abroad sometime in the past 10 years actually training at night...

This is all starting to get very old...

my dear sir, no one doubts our brave men and women who serve so valiantly to protect our freedom............ we just doubt the government who gives them orders..... big difference my friend

jake

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    why wouldnt they announce it ahead of time and just declare the area off limits or something instead of freaking folks out?

jake

Wasn't there a bunch of info put out about the Marine training in Indy? You'd think they would have at least let people know.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Wasn't there a bunch of info put out about the Marine training in Indy? You'd think they would have at least let people know.

its odd to me the government and certain folks on here always are quick to dismiss everyone as crazy but no one can account for why every friggin thing is a secret. people are usually ok if you just let them know whats going on and you have a history of telling the truth..... ooops never mind thats not gonna work then is it

jake

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    if you read the article, it said "Officials have been going around putting notices under residents' doors to notify them about the training." most people given a stupid flyer probably just tossed it

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    if you read the article, it said "Officials have been going around putting notices under residents' doors to notify them about the training." most people given a stupid flyer probably just tossed it

maybe they did maybe they didnt i cant say either way but wonder why they wouldnt have it on tv, radio etc. too?

jake

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    its odd to me the government and certain folks on here always are quick to dismiss everyone as crazy but no one can account for why every friggin thing is a secret. people are usually ok if you just let them know whats going on and you have a history of telling the truth..... ooops never mind thats not gonna work then is it

jake

It's clearly not a secret if they have been putting flyers out, I just think there are more efficient ways of doing it.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    we already do, its called the middle east.

the middle east should be one of the best places for this to already happen, sure the combatants shoot back, but what a great training place to urban battle to take place in the states.

Dumb asses...

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    the middle east should be one of the best places for this to already happen, sure the combatants shoot back, but what a great training place to urban battle to take place in the states.

So you recommend going to combat without training?

They should have trained at Muscatatuck.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    my dear sir, no one doubts our brave men and women who serve so valiantly to protect our freedom............ we just doubt the government who gives them orders..... big difference my friend

jake

Not as big of a difference as many on this forum would have you think. I can assure you that most of the comments about guys "following orders" when it comes something that would harm innocent civilians couldn't be farther off the mark.

I can also assure you that the "government" and even the senior officers are not the ones commanding the ground troops. They may issue the orders, but to my crew that's different then giving them. Even my CO knows that 99.9% of my men follow me and the other senior staff. Our job is carry out the commanders intent, if that intent is take out a city block of civilians and we decide not to, our men wouldn't move a muscle.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    We also have this great big sandbox out in the california desert called the NTC or National Training Center, they have plenty of rundown abandoned towns out there. We had MOUT sites at FT Hood that could use demo if I remember correctly. Point being there are better sites that won't cause issues.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Not as big of a difference as many on this forum would have you think. I can assure you that most of the comments about guys "following orders" when it comes something that would harm innocent civilians couldn't be farther off the mark.

I can also assure you that the "government" and even the senior officers are not the ones commanding the ground troops. They may issue the orders, but to my crew that's different then giving them. Even my CO knows that 99.9% of my men follow me and the other senior staff. Our job is carry out the commanders intent, if that intent is take out a city block of civilians and we decide not to, our men wouldn't move a muscle.

Don't be fooled you won't be ordered to take innocent American citizens, they will be Al Quidea operatives with explosive underwear and bomb laden 5 & 92 year olds.

I too served and discussed what would happen in a scenario where ordered to attack civilians, we would also have declined and taken the issuing person into custody, let's hope all thoughts are that way still.

Top Bottom