• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I would have liked to try this in a Beretta 87, but I missed the deal. Maybe next time.

Thanks for helping INGO members! :rockwoot:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, I've thought about this quite often since I can't get my Walther P-22 to run on ANY subsonic ammo. No one that I know of makes a lighter spring for it and I don't want to make any permanent modifications. :(
    Decades ago when I shot competition I like all competitors tried several strategies to increase my chances of winning. I would load my ammo light to reduce my recovery time for the next shot. I tried a Glock 17 LS (long slide} and found the polymer guns rely more on springs to protect the gun from the slide recoiling too hard. When I loaded my ammo lighter I found the gun began jamming, as one would expect. I ordered several weight springs from "Wolf Springs" and they worked great. They have made springs for guns for a long time, but I don't see one for the P22. I may look into it myself. I know you can only go so light and keep the gun functioning, but it might work. I'm sure they know how light you can go before having problems and would not sell one too light or they would risk getting a bad reputation as selling springs that don't function. I would not carry one for personal protection modified like this since it would increase risk of the gun jamming when you may need it most.

I did not find one for the P22, but you might keep them in mind for other projects. Wolff Gunsprings - Firearm Springs for Semi-Auto Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles, & Shotguns

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You don't need subsonic ammo for suppressed .22 pistols. The barrels aren't long enough to get the supersonic ammo to get up to supersonic speeds.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I almost pulled the trigger on this deal, just felt guilty spending the money since I just got 1,000 rounds of 22 a week ago. Gun hobby is getting too be a rich man's hobby.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    You don't need subsonic ammo for suppressed .22 pistols. The barrels aren't long enough to get the supersonic ammo to get up to supersonic speeds.

Although different manufacturers use different powders and charges, this is not true. Generally speaking, 4.5 inches is considered the barrel length that most .22 bulk ammo will stay subsonic. My basic ruger MK II is 7 inches, and it will go supersonic.

I have shot the Remington subsonic and regular ammo unsuppressed and the muzzle blast sounds about the same. When the suppressor is added, the subsonic is very quiet, but the supersonic is very loud even through the can because the crack is pretty loud. I use to shoot the "CB short" and it was like a pellet gun. I imagine the CCI subsonic ammo that are rated much slower is going to be quiet as well.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    I got my ammo today, boy it sure took a beating though. the brown shipping box was ok. But the ammo bricks tumbled everywhere,the little boxes of 50 were scattered all over the place. all of the other times that I have ordered from Midway they have those air bag type things in there but this one just came with some broken up styrofoam and that's it I guess they forgot to put it in there

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I got my ammo today, boy it sure took a beating though. the brown shipping box was ok. But the ammo bricks tumbled everywhere,the little boxes of 50 were scattered all over the place. all of the other times that I have ordered from Midway they have those air bag type things in there but this one just came with some broken up styrofoam and that's it I guess they forgot to put it in there

Well thats disappointing. I reciecved mine as well yesterday and it was packed with air bags...

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Mine had airbags but one box was a little dinged up every thing inside was good. I think midway has been swamped getting all their orders out passably due to the snow because i had sent them an email about something else and the only response i got was due to extremely high demand it may take a few dyas for a response

Top Bottom