• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Maybe it's just tax time and Midway is keeping their inventory low but has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a more than average number of Out-of-stock items listed? Didn't have any better luck at Brownells or CTD. I got so frustrated last night trying to put together an order that I finally just turned off the computer and said the heck with it. :)

Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Laporte
    Yes. The available date on something I have been looking at kept getting pushed back. Now it just says temporarily unavailable and has for weeks.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Midway USA, Sportsmans Guide etc. all the same. Sportsmans doesn't allow some coupons or places restrictions on what you've ordered to use them. Cheaper than Dirt shipping charges can be out of sight especially with their multiple shipping points. Sometimes you just decide it's not worth it.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Guns and Ammo has a small artical "Temporary Suspention'' Seems Ruger has recieved over one million orders and has tempoarily suspended the acceptance of any new orders. Just thought it to be interesting.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I called Daniel Defense to see when they were going to be producing any more LPKs and was told "maybe next year sometime." They are so behind in orders that everything is being used in house for full builds.

Expect it to get worse the the closer to election time we get.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    It's not just elections.

The Gun hobby is out of sight right now with new people getting into it.

I see 5 to 10 times the amount of shooters these days compared to 10 or 12 years ago.

Supply and Demand. Yes, Midway is out of all kinds of things, only because they sell out of certain items within days of getting them.

The Internet has had a hand in this as well...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah these things happen to certain industries. Just so happens to be the firearm industry exploding right now.

It's almost like the big Harley Davidson selling boom that was going on in the mid 90's to the mid 2000's.

Everybody and their brother had to have one. Nothing was available, you had to get on a waiting list just to get on another waiting list to hopefully have a chance to get one. Even used bikes on the market were outrageously priced but they were still selling.

It was like the big rush on AR's around the last election. Same deal there, everybody and their brother had to have one.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Yeah these things happen to certain industries. Just so happens to be the firearm industry exploding right now.

It's almost like the big Harley Davidson selling boom that was going on in the mid 90's to the mid 2000's.

Everybody and their brother had to have one. Nothing was available, you had to get on a waiting list just to get on another waiting list to hopefully have a chance to get one. Even used bikes on the market were outrageously priced but they were still selling.

It was like the big rush on AR's around the last election. Same deal there, everybody and their brother had to have one.

It's kind of a pain but I look at this way, the more people that get into the shooting sports the less likely politicians will try to pass stupid laws against them.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Another source

OP, you didn't mention what you were looking for but another site you might look at which hasn't been mentioned is Midsouth Shooters Supply. I find their prices usually better than most. It's always the first place I look. That's not to say they will have what others don't..........Just another possibility.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Some guns are hard to get so it's no surprise that parts are in short supply too. I've also noticed that on Midway and I think it's just a sign of the times.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Thanks for the link DRob, I'll check it out. I was looking for some tools for my M1A as well as some parts for my M&P 15-22. I think I have located everything now but I had to order a little from here, a little from there, etc.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    After years of being a Midway customer, I have stopped buying from them altogether due to high shipping charges. Also while the current "panic" may have made some things hard to get, I have noticed that Midway was very often "out of stock" during normal demand times. As always, YMMV. :cool:

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    midway does seem to be out of stock alot...but then again so does everyone else. I just try to stock up and get what i need when i can. But I also have resolved that i AM NOT going to pay the extreme markup some places demand for something just because they have it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    This is why anymore for anything other than ammo/reloading supplies I go with Brownells, they usually have more "in-stock", and my dealer discount usually makes them competitive with Midway (since Brownells charges shipping AND Indiana sales tax)

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I've sorta just set back and started the waiting game. I've not been to the range in a bit, and don't plan on shooting too much when I do go.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This is why anymore for anything other than ammo/reloading supplies I go with Brownells, they usually have more "in-stock", and my dealer discount usually makes them competitive with Midway (since Brownells charges shipping AND Indiana sales tax)

Do you use your dealer discount at Midway, too? They have one as well. I get a discount from both with my C&R. I usually don't buy from Brownell's though because of state sales tax.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    After years of being a Midway customer, I have stopped buying from them altogether due to high shipping charges.

You think they're bad? I started placing an order with Cheaper than Dirt and when I got to the totals page the shipping for my $28.76 order was $28.98 because the 2 items had to be shipped from different warehouses. I said BULL to that and ordered both items from Midway USA for $8.48 shipping.

Top Bottom