MidwayUSA Pro Series Range Bag - $36 Clearance (Being Discontinued)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I just picked up one of these and wanted to share with my INGO family before it is too late.

The Pro Series range bag is being discontinued; regularly priced at $100, it's on clearance for $36, and, with shipping and NRA round-up, it came to $47.00 for me in Florida.

It is based off the extremely popular MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag, which has been extensively reviewed online, including on INGO—always positively. Added features in the Pro Series variant include a built-in rain fly, a polymer exterior compartment at the bottom, and real MOLLE on one side. See the product page for more details, plus a video showing off the features.

Edited to add that the Pro version doesn't seem to come with the pistol pouches like the Competition one does. May be a factor if you are deciding which to get.

Link: MidwayUSA Pro Series Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black

In addition, the more common Competition Range Bag aforementioned is also on sale: regular $80-$110, on sale for $40-$50, depending on which color you want.

Link: MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester

These images show some details about the closeout status and about shipping costs. A user on reddit reported that he ordered 2 of the Competition bags and the shipping was only $13 for both (to one address). So pick up a second one for your buddy and save on shipping!

Last edited:

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Thanks for the reminder. I got the email at work and forgot about it until I read your post. I order the competition bag in charcoal. I've been waiting for these to go on sale. Finally get to replace my small range bag. Midway said it will delivered on the 6th.

Thanks again mk2ja.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Their shooting mats are on sale too.

You searched for: Shooting mat - MidwayUSA

You know, I saw that, and somehow it didn't register that it was on sale. Those are great discounts, too! 50% off both the regular and Pro versions.

Do you have any experience with these? I'm going to an Appleseed this weekend, and I'm just planning to take a foam bed roll, like for camping, as my shooting pad (with a tarp under it for water and brass catching). But if these shooting pads are significantly better, I might be placing another order with Midway.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You know, I saw that, and somehow it didn't register that it was on sale. Those are great discounts, too! 50% off both the regular and Pro versions.

Do you have any experience with these? I'm going to an Appleseed this weekend, and I'm just planning to take a foam bed roll, like for camping, as my shooting pad (with a tarp under it for water and brass catching). But if these shooting pads are significantly better, I might be placing another order with Midway.

You see lots of these on the line. They're a great value, especially at half off.

My first couple of seeds, I used a tarp with a moving pad. Don't let what you're using (or not using) stop you from going.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    You see lots of these on the line. They're a great value, especially at half off.

My first couple of seeds, I used a tarp with a moving pad. Don't let what you're using (or not using) stop you from going.

Alright, well, I reckon I'd better see about grabbing one. It won't arrive in time for this weekend, but I'll have it for the next one! Thanks for the tip. It's been a couple years since my last Appleseed, and my level of SA probably wasn't high enough back then to realize what stuff other folks had on the line with them.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I just picked up one of these and wanted to share with my INGO family before it is too late.

The Pro Series range bag is being discontinued; regularly priced at $100, it's on clearance for $36, and, with shipping and NRA round-up, it came to $47.00 for me in Florida.

It is based off the extremely popular MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag, which has been extensively reviewed online, including on INGO—always positively. Added features in the Pro Series variant include a built-in rain fly, a polymer exterior compartment at the bottom, and real MOLLE on one side. See the product page for more details, plus a video showing off the features.

Edited to add that the Pro version doesn't seem to come with the pistol pouches like the Competition one does. May be a factor if you are deciding which to get.

Link: MidwayUSA Pro Series Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester Black

In addition, the more common Competition Range Bag aforementioned is also on sale: regular $80-$110, on sale for $40-$50, depending on which color you want.

Link: MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag PVC Coated Polyester

These images show some details about the closeout status and about shipping costs. A user on reddit reported that he ordered 2 of the Competition bags and the shipping was only $13 for both (to one address). So pick up a second one for your buddy and save on shipping!

How do the two compare? I don't really see a whole lot of difference in the Pro and the Competition bag, or am I missing something?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    How do the two compare? I don't really see a whole lot of difference in the Pro and the Competition bag, or am I missing something?

You didn't even read the post, did you? :laugh:

You literally quoted all of this:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Some people find the pistol pouches that come with the Comp bag to make it a better value, but I was more interested in the shock cord on top, the MOLLE on the side so I can attach a FAK, and the polymer base/compartment on the Pro bag. I can still pick up a couple pistol pouches at Walmart if I really want them.

Last edited:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    You didn't even read the post, did you? :laugh:

You literally quoted all of this:

I READ that. For some the molle or the pistol pouches are not a big deal. I was asking if there was something BESIDES the minor differences. I already have the large competition bag, so the pro series would be 6 or one half a dozen of another. As large of a bag as they are the fact that you could hang even more 'stuff' on the outside (molle) would just mean that you would need a wagon to haul the damn thing around, even more so than the large competition bag.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    My midway competition range bag is said to be at the post office waiting for me. At the post office because I have a P.O. Box. I ordered it the 2nd of October and its here already. 4 days for shipping ain't to bad.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Not bad at all! My bag arrived yesterday. And those who warned about its size were right—this bag is huge! I'm still glad I went with the Pro bag over the Competition bag: I like the MOLLE and the polymer bottom. The rainfly is kinda neat, and it's just clipped on a lanyard in the end pocket, so I can unclip it and leave it at home if I decide I don't want it. The only thing it needs is a velcro area to attach some patches, so I think I'll try to get that added.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I ordered five of the Competition Range bags with the pistol bags $39.00 and three of the pro series $23.49 bags. I snagged some of the tactical pistol bags as well. Pink one for my wife $5.50 each and some black and green ones for me. The have slots for seven mags $9.99. Christmas shopping woo hoo.

The pistol bags will also work good for the way I store ammo. I store my ammo in card stock boxes, then put 1,000 rounds in a 50 cal ammo can. There is enough room on top for a pistol bag loaded with seven loaded mags and the gun to go with them.

If I have to bug out I will have a pistol with seven loaded mags and 1,000 rounds per 50 Cal ammo can. The guns stay in the safe until needed then just add them to the bag and the bag to the ammo cans.
    G22 Ammo can
    G23 Ammo can
    G27 Ammo can
    G17 Ammo can
    G19 Ammo can
    G26 Ammo can
    G41 Ammo can
    1911 Ammo can X 3

Top Bottom