• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    The eatable plants class looks good. Thats seriously becoming another lost knowledge.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I'm gonna be finding out what the class is all about, I'm signed up for the Level one class in may. Here is the link.

Survival 1 - 6 Day

Put down a deposit today and looking forward to going.

I'm in Cicero, just north of Noblesville and would like to start getting a small group together but wanted to go to a class like this to get some ideas.

Would love for someone in this area to sign up as well who could help out afterwords organizing some stuff.

I'm a CPR/First Aid instructor and want to learn some more skills... (Bow and Arrow, candle making, food prep, etc....)

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I've seen some and they are great. This forces me to get out there and just focus on skills. When I'm here at home, there is always an excuse, I'm looking at it like a vacation. Chance to get away. Thanks though, If it were just the skills, the videos would do fine but I'm looking forward to the chance to get away from it all.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Seems pretty expensive for stuff you can teach yourself with a moderate amount of cash invested in books. On top of that you have the books forever.
    If you have a bunch of expendable income then it might be fun but IMO its not the best way to learn things. Doing it yourself will make you remember how things are done. It took me almost a year of trying off and on , weekends and evenings, before I made a friction fire with a bow drill. But now that I've mastered it there's no way I can forget how to do it.
    To each his own. I would suggest the "naked into the wilderness books "for primitive skills/living reference material.
    Let us know how the class goes!

Top Bottom