Midwest Shooting Center - coming soon to far south Indy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    No loading ammo at the back tables. I get that they have issues with people carrying firearms back to the tables, but preventing loading ammo at the back tables seems a bit draconian to me. Luckily if it's not busy they usually don't mind you stepping into an empty lane to load, if you have a guest with you, but I'm paying to be able to shoot, not stop and have to load in my lane if it's busy (again assuming I have a guest with). If I'm by myself it's a moot point.
    I understand and it wasn't that way until recently. The reason is simply when the RSO is busy it's easier to keep loaded guns in the stalls and off the back wall if they don't allow anyone to load on the back wall. It is draconian but people go out of they way to do stupid things. As much as I don't like it also it makes it easier to keep the place safe and there's nothing worse that turning around and seeing some idiot playing with a gun behind my back, ruins my day.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I understand and it wasn't that way until recently. The reason is simply when the RSO is busy it's easier to keep loaded guns in the stalls and off the back wall if they don't allow anyone to load on the back wall. It is draconian but people go out of they way to do stupid things. As much as I don't like it also it makes it easier to keep the place safe and there's nothing worse that turning around and seeing some idiot playing with a gun behind my back, ruins my day.

Yep, as I said I understand it from a business/employee standpoint. I'm just offering an opinion as a customer that it's not a customer friendly rule. I've been a huge advocate of the range until that rule. Honestly, rules that make it easier on the business aren't exactly something I care about. I'd rather see a range officer on each side of the range paying closer attention than ridiculous rules like that. If you can't do anything at the back table, get rid of it. Honestly the only way I'll go to RangeUSA now is if I'm by myself.

Top Bottom