Mikes Stocks of Missouri review (10/22, Yukon Extreme)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I just wanted to share a positive experience I had with Mikes Stocks. I was referred to them by some folks at Rimfire Central. He sells stocks on ebay, but I was able to find what I was looking for at a fair price.
    I was looking for a thumbhole stock in a dark gloss finish that would provide good cheek weld & stability for offhand, prone and bench shooting.
    I decided to pick up a Revolution Yukon Extreme in a Dark Walnut Gloss finish from Mikes Stocks. Ordered it on Black Friday and it was at my office on Monday. The fit and finish were top notch although I did have to remove less than a 32nd of material from the magwell so the mags would drop free to my own satisfaction. Mike provided a business card in the original Revolution box. He provided excellent communication throughout the entire process. Just wanted to share this positive experience and show off the new stock. :D

This is the stock as shown in the ad.
    i1fomc.jpg

This is the stock installed on my 10/22

jjlqok.jpg

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    nice looking stock. I went with a Boyd stock for my Marlin but that looks like a VERY nice stock. I went with a matte finish on mine because i didnt want to see the scratches over time. Yours may be fine but for how i use my gun i just knew i would scratch the finish. Have you got to shoot it yet? Did it make a different in the accuracy? I know when i changed my stock it made a different especially when the barrel heated up.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It is actually pretty close to the Boyd's Evolution I used to have for another 10/22. It is lighter than it looks. It is heavier than the synthetic Ruger stock and holding the factory ruger hardwood stock versus this one, its evident this is slightly heavier, but close. It is perfectly light enough to carry in the field all day without exhaustion. It will be a range toy for me, so weight wasn't an issue.

Top Bottom