• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    Just bought my first Milt Sparks holster from brownells, the loops say they are 1 1/2, but are a mother to snap onto a 1 1/2 gun belt (leather or web). Has anyone else had issue with the loops? I am currently trying to stretch them, but also contemplating buying the 1 3/4 loops from them. I hate to spend another $20 on the holster. Other than the loops, it is an awesome holster.

Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    Contact Uncle Milt ..... he will make it right with you.
    My Summer Special 2 had similar symptoms, but after a couple years of daily wear it is just right now. A little patience may be in order. I thread the belt through the loops after snapping them closed. Uncle Milt uses "one way" snaps to help avoid unintentional opening.
    Seriously.... contact Milt via telephone if you cannot stand the tight fitting loops.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    My Versa Max 2 was a bit hard to work when I got it, I left the holster attached to an extra gun belt for a day or two and that stretched the leather nicely. You want it to be a bit stiff initially so it breaks in perfectly.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Contact Uncle Milt ..... he will make it right with you.
    My Summer Special 2 had similar symptoms, but after a couple years of daily wear it is just right now. A little patience may be in order. I thread the belt through the loops after snapping them closed. Uncle Milt uses "one way" snaps to help avoid unintentional opening.
    Seriously.... contact Milt via telephone if you cannot stand the tight fitting loops.
    Milt has been dead for several years. Tony took over the shop and still runs it afaik!

Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    Yes, I know Milt is deceased. So is Bruce Nelson. Both men crafted holsters for me and I have a profound respect for either gentleman.
    No offense intended. Just making a point about the outstanding customer support that is available but seldom needed.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I went the route of putting it on a gun belt and then sliding a dress belt in and left it overnight. It seems to have worked. I have some othe "high" end leather holsters and have never had this issue before. I will say that it does make for a much more solid feeling rig while wearing. Thanks for the insight.

Top Bottom