• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I have a 183 series Mini 14. Does anyone know if it is "young" enough to accept a tactical stock? Google is not helping me figure this out.

thanks!

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    There is no ban in place that says you cant add the buttler creek folder or any other "tacti-cool" stocks to it. the year of Mfg. has nothing to do with it at the time being.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    If you're referring to physically being able to mount it in a different stock, you're fine. The first gen (series 180 prefix) minis are the ones not compatible with aftermarket stocks. 183 series will be fine.

If you're referring to legal issues, there's currently nothing in Federal or Indiana law preventing you from using a different stock, including a folding stock.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty sure he meant whether it would fit the rifle....deep breath everyone, the law is the same today as it was a week ago and laws don't change overnight. Whatever comes, we'll see it coming a few months off.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    depends on the stock, if you are wanting the sparta stock, you will need the mini-14 ranch with the first 3 serial numbers of 187-188, 195-197, 580-581. These are the ranch starting serial numbers and these will fit most if not all of the tac stocks out there without modifications. The reason for this is that you will need have the spent casings spit out the side of the gun and not the top of the gun. I am not sure if there are other models out there that do this but you can pretty much make sure you have this option if you have the option of a factory scope mount on the top of your action.

I hope this helps.

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't get the "tactical" makeovers for the Mini 14 (or 10/22 for that matter)...The Mini's look beautiful in their original wood stock. To each his own, I guess.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom